A popular snack or appetizer, Cheesy Chicken tikka rolls, consists of a spiced and marinated chicken filling wrapped in a thin roll sheet, along with a generous amount of melted mozzarella and cheddar cheese. These rolls are then deep-fried until golden and crispy, resulting in a delicious and flavorful snack that is perfect for any occasion.
Table of Content:
- What Are Cheesy Chicken Tikka rolls?
- How to make this recipe
- Cheesy Chicken Tikka Rolls
- Three cooking methods
- What to serve with Chicken Tikka Rolls?
- How to freeze and store?
- Recipe Card
- Pro Tips
What Are Cheesy Chicken Tikka rolls?
This crispy, golden brown rolls are filled with tender pieces of tikka chicken and ooey-gooey melted cheese. The combination of spicy chicken and creamy cheese makes these rolls irresistible. Whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for a delicious snack, these cheesy chicken tikka rolls are sure to be a hit with everyone!
They also can be a great option for a mandatory Ramadan snack. You can also adjust the level of spiciness to your liking, as some people prefer milder flavours during Ramadan.
How to make this recipe:
Cheesy Chicken tikka rolls are a fusion of Pakistani, Indian and Western cuisine, combining the flavours of chicken tikka with the creaminess of melted cheese. They are commonly served during Ramadan at the iftar table or as a party snack.
These chicken Tikka rolls are easy to make and consist of only three simple steps.
- Making chicken filling
- Assembling of rolls
- Frying the rolls
Ingredients you will need:
Here are the details on the ingredients for the cheesy chicken tikka rolls recipe:
- Boneless Chicken: Chicken is the main ingredient in this recipe. Boneless chicken is preferred as it’s easier to cut into small pieces for the filling.
- Hot Sauce: Adds heat and flavour to the chicken filling. You can use any brand of hot sauce you prefer.
- Red Chili Powder: A common spice used in Pakistani cuisine for adding heat and flavour to dishes.
- Garam Masala Powder: It adds a warm, earthy flavour to the chicken filling.
- Salt: Adds flavour to the chicken filling and enhances the dish’s overall taste.
- Turmeric Powder: It gives a nice yellow colour to the chicken filling. Also have many health benefits.
- Water: Used to create a marinade for the chicken.
- Lemon Juice: Adds a tangy flavour to the chicken filling and helps tenderize the chicken.
- Ginger Garlic Paste: A fresh ginger and garlic that adds a delicious flavour to the chicken filling.
- Yoghurt: Adds a creamy texture to the chicken filling and helps tenderize the chicken.
- Oil: Used in the marinade to help coat the chicken and keep it moist.
- Orange Food Color: Add bright orange food color to the chicken tikka filling.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Grated cheese will be added to the chicken filling to create a cheesy flavour.
- Roll Sheets: Ready-made thin roll sheets used to wrap the chicken filling.
- Flour slurry: Used to create a paste to seal the edges of the rolls.
- Oil for Frying: Fry the rolls until crispy and golden brown.
Cheesy Chicken Tikka Rolls Recipe:
Looking for a perfect party appetizer or a snack to munch on? Look no further than these cheesy chicken tikka rolls! Here are the detailed steps for making chicken tikka cheese rolls:
In a bowl, add boneless chicken, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, hot sauce, water, and yoghurt. Mix well to combine all the ingredients. Next, add salt, garam masala powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, and orange food colour. Mix everything together until the chicken pieces are well coated with the spices. Then add 1 tsp of oil and mix it again. Let the chicken marinate for 30 minutes.
Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the marinated chicken to the pan and cook the chicken for a few minutes until its water becomes dry. Turn off the heat and let the chicken cool.
Tip: You can also give your chicken filling coal smoke at the end for a smokey Tikka flavour.
In a small bowl, make a flour slurry. This will be used to seal the rolls.
Take a roll sheet and place a spoonful of chicken tikka filling in the centre. Add a generous amount of grated mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken filling.
Fold the roll sheet from one side to the other, covering the chicken and cheese filling. Apply some of the flour slurry to the edges of the sheet to seal the roll properly. Repeat this process with the remaining roll sheets.
Note: Place the rolls in a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 1 month.
Heat oil in a frying pan and deep fry the rolls until golden brown.
Serve hot with your favourite dipping sauce.
Three cooking methods:
Here are a few other ways you can cook these cheesy chicken tikka rolls:
Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 375°F. Place the rolls in the air fryer basket and cook for 10-12 minutes or until crispy.
Oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F. Place the rolls on a baking sheet, brush the tops with oil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. You can also bake the rolls in the oven instead of frying them for a healthier version. Brush the rolls with
Deep Fryer: Heat the oil in a deep fryer. Carefully place the rolls in the hot oil and fry for 3-4 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
No matter which method you choose, keep an eye on the rolls and adjust the cooking time as needed to ensure they don’t burn.
Variations of this recipe:
You can experiment with different variations of fillings to create new and exciting flavours. Try out these variations and see which one becomes your new favourite! Here are some ideas for variations in the filling:
- Spring Rolls: Add a mix of sauteed veggies like onions, peppers, spaghetti and cabbage.
- Jalapeno Rolls: Add some chopped green chillies or jalapeños to the filling to make it spicier.
- Beef rolls: Use shredded beef instead of chicken for a different meaty flavour.
- Cheesy Rolls: Add some cream cheese to the filling to make it even more cheesy.
What to serve with Chicken Tikka Rolls?
These cheesy chicken tikka rolls can be served in many ways, depending on your preference. Here are some serving suggestions:
Appetizer: Serve the rolls on a platter with some dipping sauce on the side, such as ketchup, ranch dressing, or hot sauce.
Party food: These rolls are perfect for parties and gatherings. You can make a large batch and keep them warm in a slow cooker or warming tray. Serve them as sides along with Biryani, Seekh kabab fry or Korma.
No matter how you serve them, these cheesy chicken tikka rolls are sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
How to freeze and store?
To freeze the cheesy chicken tikka rolls, Place the assembled rolls in a freezer-safe container and freeze them for up to 1 month.
To use the frozen rolls, remove them from the freezer and let them thaw on the counter for a few hours. Once thawed, deep fry them in a wok with hot oil.
Note: Label the bag or container with the date and contents.
Here are some frequently asked questions about cheesy chicken tikka rolls:
Q: How long can I freeze the rolls?
A: You can freeze the rolls for up to 1 month.
Q: Can I bake the rolls instead of frying them?
A: You can bake the rolls in the oven instead of frying them. Brush them with some oil before baking to ensure that they get crispy. Also, make sure to turn their sides in between baking.
Q: Can I use different types of cheese for the filling?
A: Yes, you can use any cheese that melts well. Some good options include cheddar cheese, cream cheese or even feta cheese.
Q: Can I use store-bought chicken tikka for the filling?
A: Yes, you can use store-bought chicken tikka for the filling to save time. Just make sure to chop it into small pieces before using it.
Q: Can I make the rolls ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can make the rolls ahead of time and freeze them until you are ready to fry or bake them.
Q: Can I add vegetables to the filling?
A: Add vegetables like onions, bell peppers, or even cabbage to the filling for flavour and nutrition.
Other related recipes you will love;
- Chicken Bread Rolls
- Spicy Cream Cheese Samosas
- Stovetop Chicken Tikka
- Beef Keema Puff Pastry (Patties)
Cheesy Chicken Tikka Rolls
- 1/2 kg Boneless Chicken
- 2 tbsp Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp Red chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Yogurt
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Orange food color
- 2 tbsp Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese Grated as you required
- 20 Roll Sheets OR as you required
For flour slurry:
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Water
- Take a bowl and add boneless chicken, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, hot sauce, water, and yogurt. Mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Next, add salt, garam masala powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and orange food color. Mix everything together until the chicken pieces are well coated with the spices. Then add 1 tsp of oil and mix it again. Let the chicken marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the marinated chicken to the pan and cook it for 10 minutes with the lid on. This will help the chicken to cook through evenly. After 10 minutes, remove the lid and stir the chicken on high heat until it becomes dry. Turn off the heat and let the chicken cool.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 2 tbsp of plain flour and 2 tbsp of water to make a slurry. This will be used to seal the rolls.
- Take a roll sheet and place a spoonful of chicken tikka filling in the center of the sheet. Add a generous amount of grated mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken filling.
- Fold the roll sheet from one side to the other, covering the chicken and cheese filling. Apply some of the flour slurry to the edges of the sheet to seal the roll properly. Repeat this process with the remaining roll sheets.
- Place the rolls in a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 1 month.
- When ready to serve, take the rolls out of the freezer and let them thaw for a few minutes. Heat oil in a frying pan and deep fry the rolls until they turn golden brown.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Here are some pro tips to make the best cheesy chicken tikka rolls:
- Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes to ensure it absorbs all the flavours of the spices and yoghurt.
- You can use a combination of mozzarella and cheddar cheese for the filling to add more flavour and creaminess to the rolls.
- Freeze the rolls in a single layer to prevent them from sticking together. Once frozen, you can store them in a freezer-safe container or ziplock bag.
- When frying the rolls, ensure the oil is hot enough to ensure the rolls get crispy and golden brown.
- Serve the rolls immediately after frying for the best taste and texture.
You might also like
Did You try this recipe? Let me know in the comments, or tag me on Instagram @the_cravingzone. Also, please consider leaving a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the comment section below.