Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies are a delicious, royal and decadent dessert that combines the flavours of red velvet cake, rich chocolate brownies and creamy tangy cheesecake, This irresistible treat is the perfect fusion of textures and flavours, creating a dessert that will satisfy even the most discerning sweet tooth.
Whether you enjoy them on your own or serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, these brownies are a true delight for any dessert lover.
Table of Content:
- What Is Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies?
- How to make this recipe
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies Recipe
- What to serve with Cheesecake Brownies?
- How to make it in advance?
- How to Store, Freeze and Reheat
- Recipe Card
- Pro Tips
What Is Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies?
Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies are a delightful indulgence that brings together classic favourites in one irresistible dessert. With their rich chocolate flavour, tangy cheesecake filling, and beautiful red appearance, these brownies are sure to be a crowd-pleaser and leave your taste buds craving for more.
The distinctive beautiful red colour of the brownies is achieved by using red food colouring, giving them a visually striking appearance reminiscent of red velvet cake. The vibrant hue adds a touch of elegance and uniqueness to the dessert, making it visually appealing, royal and perfect for special occasions or celebrations.
How to make this recipe:
The base of the red velvet cheesecake brownies is a dense and fudgy chocolate brownie layer infused with a hint of cocoa and a vibrant red colour. The brownie layer provides a rich and indulgent foundation for the other components of this dessert.
On top of the brownie layer sits a luscious and creamy cheesecake layer. The cheesecake filling is velvety smooth and slightly tangy and contrasts beautifully with the dense brownie base. It adds a luxurious element to the dessert, creating a delightful combination of flavours.
- Making Brownie Base
- Making cream cheese batter
Ingredients you will need:
Here are some notes on the ingredients for Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies:
For Brownie Base:
1. Oil: The oil helps to keep the brownies moist and adds a tender texture to the batter. You can use neutral-tasting oils like vegetable or canola oil.
2. Caster Sugar: Caster sugar, also known as superfine sugar, is finer in texture compared to granulated sugar. It dissolves more easily and helps create a smoother batter.
3. Eggs: Eggs provide structure and moisture to the brownies. Make sure the eggs are at room temperature.
4. Red Food Color: Red food colouring gives the brownies their vibrant red hue, characteristic of red velvet desserts.
5. Flour: All-purpose flour provides structure. It’s important to measure the flour accurately for the best results.
6. Dark Cocoa Powder: Dark cocoa powder is richer and more intense in flavour. If you don’t have dark cocoa powder, you can use regular cocoa powder as a substitute.
7. Salt: It enhances the flavours of the brownies, balancing the sweetness and adding depth to the overall taste.
For the Cream Cheese Swirl:
1. Cream Cheese: Cream cheese adds a creamy and tangy element to the brownies. Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature for easier mixing and a smooth texture.
2. Egg: The additional egg in the cream cheese swirl adds richness and helps bind the ingredients together.
3. Caster Sugar: Caster sugar is used to sweeten the cream cheese swirl and balance its tanginess. It also helps create a smoother texture.
These ingredients work together to create the distinctive flavours and textures of Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies. Enjoy baking and savouring this delightful dessert!
Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies Recipe:
These brownies are a perfect combination of rich chocolate, tangy cream cheese, and the vibrant red colour of red velvet. They make for a delightful treat to share with family and friends.
Start the recipe by preheating your oven. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan and set it aside.
For Brownie Base:
Now in a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and caster sugar until well combined. Add the oil to the egg and sugar mixture and continue beating until the batter doubles in volume and becomes fluffy. Add the red food colour to the batter and mix well until the colour is evenly distributed.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, dark cocoa powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the batter, stirring with a spatula until everything is well combined, and no lumps remain. Be careful not to overmix.
For the Cream Cheese Swirl:
In another mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg, and caster sugar for the cream cheese swirl. Whisk together until smooth and creamy. Now start by pouring the brownie batter into the lined 8×8-inch baking pan, spreading it evenly.
Drop dollops of the cream cheese mixture onto the red velvet brownie batter in the pan. Use a butter knife or spatula to make big swirls by gently dragging it through the batter and cream cheese mixture, creating a marbled effect.
Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. The edges should be slightly firm, and the centre should be set.
Once cooled, slice the brownies into either 9 large squares or 16 smaller ones, depending on your preference. Serve and enjoy these delicious Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies!
Variations of this recipe:
While Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies are delicious on their own, there are several variations and additions you can make to customize this dessert to your liking. Here are a few ideas:
1. Swirled Design: Instead of layering the cheesecake filling on top of the brownie batter, you can create a marbled effect by swirling the two together. Pour the brownie batter into the pan, then add dollops of cheesecake filling on top. Use a knife or skewer to gently swirl the two batters together, creating a beautiful marbled pattern.
2. Nutty Crunch: Add some crunch to your brownies by incorporating chopped nuts into the batter. Pecans or walnuts work particularly well with the flavours of red velvet and cheesecake. Simply fold the nuts into the brownie batter before pouring it into the pan.
3. Cream Cheese Frosting: If you want to enhance the cheesecake flavour, consider adding cream cheese frosting on top of the baked brownies. Prepare a simple cream cheese frosting by beating together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and a touch of vanilla extract. Spread the frosting over the cooled brownies and refrigerate until set.
4. Toppings and Garnishes: Get creative with your toppings and garnishes. Sprinkle some chocolate shavings, red velvet cake crumbs, or crushed Oreos over the brownies. You can add a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side for an extra special treat.
Remember, these variations are just a starting point, and you can mix and match different elements to create your own unique Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownie recipe. Enjoy experimenting and exploring different flavour combinations to suit your taste preferences.
What to serve with Cheesecake Brownies?
Serving Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies is easy, best enjoyed with a cup of tea for brunch, or you can serve them as a dessert after meals like Biryani or Chicken Korma and also best served with snacks like rolls or puffs.
How to make it in advance?
Making Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies in advance is a convenient option, especially if you’re planning for an event or want to have them ready ahead of time. You can make them in advance before a day or two.
Once baked, allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan. Once cooled, cut them into squares, and you can choose to store them at room temperature or in the refrigerator. If storing at room temperature, place them in an airtight container or wrap them tightly with plastic wrap. For longer storage, you can refrigerate the brownies for up to several days.
When ready to serve, bring them to room temperature and enjoy them as is or with additional garnishes and toppings.
By making the Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies in advance, you can save time and have a delicious dessert ready when you need it.
How to Store, Freeze and Reheat:
Storing, freezing, and reheating Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies can help you enjoy them over an extended period. Here’s a guide on how to store, freeze, and reheat them:
|Once the brownies have cooled completely, cut them into desired portions.
|If you want to freeze the brownies, make sure they are completely cooled and cut into pieces.
|To reheat frozen brownies, remove them from the freezer and let them thaw at room temperature.
|Place the brownies in an airtight container or wrap them tightly in plastic.
|Wrap them tightly with plastic wrap than with aluminium foil or place them inside a freezer-safe zip-top bag to provide extra protection against freezer burn.
|Warm the brownies in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until they reach your desired temperature.
|Store the brownies at room temperature for up to 3 days. If the weather is hot or humid, it’s best to store them in the refrigerator to maintain their freshness.
|Store the wrapped brownies in the freezer for up to 3 months.
|Alternatively, microwave individual portions of the brownies for 10-15 seconds until warm. Be cautious not to overheat them, as they can become dry.
Other related recipes you will love
- Lotus Biscoff Lasagna
- Cream Cheese Oreo Brownies
- Easy One Bowl Small Batch Fudgy Brownies
- Mango Cheesecake
- Creamy Fruit Chaat
Red velvet Cheesecake Brownies Recipe;
For the Red velvet brownie base:
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Red food color
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Dark Coco powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
For The Cream Cheese Swirl:
- 200 gms Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 1 Egg (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup Caster Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line an 8×8-inch baking pan and set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and caster sugar until well combined. You can use an electric mixer or whisk by hand until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the oil to the egg and sugar mixture and continue beating until the batter doubles in volume and becomes fluffy.
- Add the red food color to the batter and mix well until the color is evenly distributed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, dark cocoa powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the batter, stirring with a spatula until everything is well combined and no lumps remain. Be careful not to overmix.
- Pour the brownie batter into the lined 8×8-inch baking pan, spreading it out evenly.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg, and caster sugar for the cream cheese swirl. Whisk together until smooth and creamy.
- Drop dollops of the cream cheese mixture onto the red velvet brownie batter in the pan. Use a butter knife or spatula to make big swirls by gently dragging it through the batter and cream cheese mixture, creating a marbled effect.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out with some crumbs. The edges should be slightly firm, and the center should be set.
- Once baked, remove the pan from the oven and let the brownies cool completely in the pan before slicing. This will help the brownies set and hold their shape.
- Once cooled, slice the brownies into either 9 large squares or 16 smaller ones, depending on your preference.
- Serve and enjoy these delicious Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies!
Here are some pro tips to help you make the best Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies:
- Properly Measure the Ingredients: Accurate measurement is crucial in baking. Use measuring cups and spoons to measure your ingredients precisely.
- Line the Pan: For easier removal, you can also line the pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang to lift the brownies out easily.
- Create Swirls: To achieve beautiful swirls in your cheesecake layer, use a butter knife or skewer to create a marbled effect.
- Cool Completely: Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan before cutting. This will help them set and firm up, making it easier to achieve clean and neat slices.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Ensure all your ingredients, especially the eggs and cream cheese, are at room temperature before you start.
- Don’t Overbake: Keep a close eye on your brownies in the oven. Overbaking can result in dry and crumbly brownies.
- Hot Knife for Clean Cuts: For clean and neat slices, if you plan to cut the brownies immediately after baking, run your knife through hot tap water and then dry it. The warm knife will help you achieve cleaner cuts, preventing the brownies from sticking to the knife and getting messy.
By following these pro tips, you’ll ensure that your Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies turn out beautifully moist, fudgy, visually appealing and delicious. Enjoy the baking process and the wonderful result of these decadent treats.