Roohafza Mojito is a refreshing drink with sweet and tangy flavor of roohafza syrup/rose syrup combined with the mint and lime makes it a delicious and soothing drink that can help reduce thirst and heat fatigue. Plus, it is easy to prepare and can be enjoyed by both kids and adults. So, if you’re looking for a refreshing drink during Ramadan, Rooh Afza mojito/ rose lemonade is worth trying.
Table of Content:
- What Is Roohafza Mojito?
- How to make this recipe
- Ingredients you will need
- Roohafza Mojito/ Rose Lemonade Recipe
- Different types of Mojito
- Rooh Afza vs Jam e Shirin
- How to serve Mojito?
- How to make in advance
- Sweet basil seeds vs Chia seeds
- Recipe Card
- Pro Tips
What Is Roohafza Mojito?
Mojito is a popular cocktail that originated in Cuba. It is a refreshing and sweet-tart drink made with fresh lime juice, mint leaves, sugar, soda water etc.
On the other hand, Rooh Afza is a popular syrup in South Asia made with a blend of fruits, herbs, and roses, giving it a unique sweet and tangy flavour.
The result is a refreshing drink with a fruity, tangy, floral taste that is perfect for hot summer days.
How to make this recipe:
Rooh Afza mojito is a variation of the classic mojito cocktail that uses Rooh Afza syrup instead of other sweeteners. The combination of sweet, sour, and minty flavours makes it a perfect summer drink.
It is a refreshing and perfect Ramadan drink, especially to break the fast at Iftar time. It is a great way to quench thirst, replenish the body with essential electrolytes, and provide energy after a long day of fasting.
All you need to do is:
- Soaking of Chia seeds
- The muddling of mint leaves with spices
- Fill the glass with ice and the mentioned liquids in the recipe.
Ingredients you will need:
To make a Roohafza mojito, you will need the following ingredients!
- Roohafza syrup: This is a popular syrup used to flavour drinks and desserts in South Asian and Middle Eastern cuisine. It gives a sweet and floral taste.
- Soaked chia seeds or sabja seeds: These are small, black seeds that can absorb liquid and become gel-like in texture. They are often used in drinks and desserts for their health benefits, including fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants.
- Black salt: This is a type of salt that is often used in Indian cuisine. It has a slightly sulfuric taste and is believed to aid digestion.
- Lemon juice: This is used to add a tangy flavour to drinks and dishes. It is also a good source of vitamin C.
- Sugar: An easily available sweetener used to balance out the flavours in drinks and desserts. You can adjust the amount of sugar used based on your personal preference.
- Mint leaves: Green leaves that have a refreshing, slightly sweet flavour. They often add a fresh, aromatic element to drinks and dishes.
- Soda: This carbonated water can add fizz and texture to drinks. You can use regular sparkling water or soda (7up, sprite) depending on your preferences.
- Ice cubes: Small-sized or crushed ice is preferred. It can help to cool down drinks and make them more refreshing.
Combining these ingredients can create a refreshing and flavorful drink perfect for hot summer days or breaking your fast during Ramadan.
Roohafza Mojito/ Rose Lemonade Recipe:
Roohafza is a popular sweet and tangy syrup in South Asian beverages and desserts. Today I’ll share a refreshing recipe for Roohafza Mojito ( Rose lemonade).
Step 1: Soaking of Chia Seeds or Sweet Basil seeds:
To soak chia seeds or sabja seeds, mix 2tsp of seeds with 1/4 cup of water and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes until the seeds absorb the water and become gel-like in texture. Drain off any excess water before adding the seeds to the drink.
Step 2: Muddling of mint and spices :
Start by adding the mint leaves, lemon juice, sugar, salt and black salt to a tall glass. Use a muddle or the back of a spoon to press down on the mint leaves and mix everything gently. This will help release the flavour and aroma of the mint and help dissolve the sugar and salt.
Step 3 : Mixing and Garnishing of roohafza mojito:
Next, fill the glass with crushed ice, add the Rooh Afza syrup, the soaked chia or sabja seeds, and add 1/3 cup water and stir. Mix everything well so the chia seeds are evenly distributed throughout the drink. The chia seeds will add a unique texture to the drink and provide health benefits.
Top off the glass with Soda. You can adjust the sparkling or soda water amount depending on your preference. Adding more will make the drink more bubbly and fizzy. Stir everything together to ensure all ingredients are combined and evenly distributed.
Garnish the drink with a sprig of mint or a slice of lime, if desired. This will add a pop of colour and flavour to the drink. Serve and enjoy your refreshing Roohafza mojito with chia seeds! Remember to stir the drink occasionally while drinking to ensure the chia seeds don’t settle at the bottom of the glass.
Different types of Mojito:
There are many possible variations of the classic mojito and Rooh Afza mojito. Here are some ideas:
- Fruit mojito: Add chopped fresh fruit such as strawberries, mangoes, or watermelon to the muddled mint, lime, and sugar mixture for a fruity twist.
- Coconut mojito: Replace the soda water with coconut water for a tropical twist.
- Spicy mojito: Add a small amount of sliced jalapeño or red pepper flakes to the muddled mixture for a spicy kick.
- Frozen mojito: Blend the ingredients with ice cubes to make a frozen slushy version.
These are just a few examples, but the possibilities are endless. Feel free to experiment and develop your unique twists on the classic mojito.
When it comes to Rooh Afza mojito or any mojito, there are many add-ons and variations possible, that you can use to enhance the flavour and presentation of the drink;
- Fresh fruit slices: Add fresh fruit slices such as strawberries, lime, kiwi, or mango to the mojito for extra flavour.
- Sodas: They are also known as carbonated water and a popular drink in various flavors and types. Here are some of the most common types of soda: Cola, 7up, sprite, fanta and pakola etc.
- Sweeteners: Add extra sugar or honey if you like your mojito sweeter.
- Coloured sugar rim: You can coat the rim of the glass with coloured sugar (such as pink or green) to make the presentation more colourful.
Remember to experiment, have fun with your Rooh Afza mojito, and try different add-ons to find your perfect combination.
Roohafza vs Jam e Shirin:
As Ramadan has begun, the battle on whether Rooh Afza or Jam e Shirin? is again back in season!
Rooh Afza and Jam-e-Shirin are both popular syrups in South Asia used to make refreshing drinks. While they share some similarities, there are also some key differences between them. Here is a table summarizing the main differences between Rooh Afza and Jam-e-Shirin:
|Flavor Profile||Sweet and tangy, with a unique blend of fruits, herbs, and roses.||Sweet and sour, with a mix of sandal, sugar and rose.|
|Color||Bright pink/red colour.||Brownish/ maroon colour.|
|Health Benefits||Rich in natural electrolytes, vitamins, and antioxidants||It contains minerals and vitamins and may have digestive benefits.|
|Uses||Used to make various cold and hot drinks, desserts, and savoury dishes.||Used as a topping, it enhances the taste of ice cream, fruits, cake, yoghurt and other desserts.|
|Popular Drinks||Rooh Afza milk, Rooh Afza lemon drink, roohafza mocktail, Muhabbat ka sharbat||Jam-e-Shirin Sharbat, Jam-e-Shirin Lemonade, Jam-e-Shirin lassi, labe-shirin.|
As you can see, both Rooh Afza and Jam-e-Shirin are versatile syrups that can be used in many ways. However, Rooh Afza is known for its unique flavour and health benefits, while Jam-e-Shirin is known for its sweet and sour taste and digestive benefits.
How to serve Mojito?
Mojito is typically served in a highball glass, which is a tall and slender glass that holds around 8-12 ounces of liquid. Here’s how you can serve a mojito:
Fill the highball glass with ice cubes. Pour the mojito mixture into the glass, filling it about three-quarters full. Top up the glass with soda or sparkling water. Garnish the drink with a sprig of fresh mint, a lime wedge, and/or a slice of fruit.
Serve the drink with a straw for easy sipping. You can also chill the glasses in the freezer for a few minutes before serving to refresh the drink. Enjoy it with your delicious meal like Karachi Biryani, and Spicy Cheese Samosas, ending it with Lotus Biscoff Lasagna!
How to make Roohafza mojito advance:
While mojitos are best when made fresh, you can prepare the ingredients beforehand and assemble the drink right before serving. Here are some tips on how to make mojitos in advance:
- Prepare the mint, lime, and sugar mixture and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Squeeze the lime juice in advance and store it in a small container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- When ready to serve the mojitos, fill a glass with ice cubes and pour in the mint, lime, and sugar mixture. Add the roohafza and other ingredients, such as chia seeds.
- Top up the glass with soda water and stir gently.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and/or a slice of fruit.
You can save time by preparing the ingredients in advance and still enjoy a delicious and refreshing mojito at your convenience.
Sweet basil seeds vs Chia seeds:
Sweet basil and chia seeds are edible seeds often used in drinks and desserts for their unique texture and health benefits. While they may look similar, there are some differences between them. Here’s a table summarizing the main differences between sweet basil seeds and chia seeds:
|Aspect||Sweet Basil Seeds||Chia Seeds|
|Colour||Black or dark brown||Brown, white, black, or grey|
|Texture||When soaked in liquid, the seeds develop a gel-like coating and become slippery and soft.||When soaked in liquid, the seeds develop a gel-like coating and become slightly crunchy.|
|Flavour||Mild and slightly nutty, with a subtle sweet taste.||Mild and slightly nutty, with no distinct flavor.|
|Health Benefits||Rich in fiber, antioxidants, and minerals such as iron, calcium, and magnesium. It may aid digestion and promote weight loss.||Rich in fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids. It may aid digestion, reduce inflammation, and improve heart health.|
|Uses||Often used in drinks such as falooda, sherbet, and lemonade. It can also be added to desserts such as pudding or ice cream.||Often used in smoothies, oatmeal, and yoghurt bowls. It can also be used as an egg substitute in vegan baking.|
As you can see, sweet basil and chia seeds are nutritious and versatile and can be used in various ways. However, sweet basil seeds are slightly smaller and have a softer, more slippery texture, while chia seeds are slightly larger and crunchy.
Other related recipes you will love
- 2 tsp Chia seeds/ Sabja seeds Soaked in water
- 5-6 mint leaves
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar¾
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black salt
- 1/4 Ice cubes crushed
- 2 tbsp Roohafza syrup (rose syrup)
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Soda (Sprite/ 7up)
- In a tall glass, muddle the mint leaves with the sugar, salt, lemon juice and black salt using a muddler or the back of a spoon.
- Fill the glass with the crushed ice cubes.
- Add the Rooh Afza syrup to the glass.
- Add the soaked chia seeds or sabja seeds to the glass.
- Add 1/3 cup Water and then top off the glass with Soda ( I used Sprite).
- Stir well and garnish with a sprig of mint or a slice of lime, if desired.
- Serve chilled and enjoy your refreshing Rooh Afza mojito with chia seeds!
- Use fresh ingredients: Fresh ingredients like mint leaves and lime juice will make a big difference in the drink’s flavour.
- Muddle the ingredients properly: To get the most flavour from the mint leaves, sugar, and black salt, it’s important to muddle them properly. Be careful not to over-muddle, as this can make the drink bitter.
- Soak the chia or sabja seeds properly: Soaking them will help them absorb water and become gel-like, adding a unique texture to the drink. Ensure to soak the seeds for 10-15 minutes before adding them to the drink.
- Adjust the sweetness to your liking: The amount of sugar and Rooh Afza syrup you use will depend on your preference. If your drinks are sweeter, add more sugar or Rooh Afza syrup and vice versa.
- Don’t skimp on the ice: Adding plenty of crushed ice to the drink will help keep it cool and refreshing, especially on a hot summer day.
You might also like
Did You try this recipe? Let me know in the comments, or tag me on Instagram @the_cravingzone. Also, please consider leaving a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the comment section below.
Thank you for sharing the easy and creative Roohafza recipe.