These succulent Seekh Kabab fry are full of juice and flavors. They just melt in the mouth and make a perfect starter for any lunch, Eid breakfast, or BBQ dinner party.
This one-pot juicy Seekh Kabab fry is made on the stovetop in less than 30 minutes.No extra pots or pans to wash up and minimal work with simple ingredients.
Seekh Kabab fry is not the usual type of kebabs grilled on skewers. These are juicy fry Kababs, also known as keema fry or Dum ka keema. Marinated with spices and raw papaya as a tenderizer. Then fried in some oil/ghee.
Easy Karachi Seekh Kabab fry recipe:
Seekh Kabab is one of Pakistan’s famous and traditional street foods, served with spicy Chutney/sauces.
In Karachi, at Burns road, Waheed Kabab fry are very famous.
While living abroad, we really miss the taste of our local foods. So, let’s satisfy our cravings by making the simple, easy, and quick Seekh Kabab Fry Recipe.
What to serve with fry Seekh Kabab?
Seekh kebab fry is typically served with raita, onion slices, lemon wedges, or green chutney and eaten with naan, poori, bread, and parathas.
This Seekh Kabab fry is normally served as an appetizer, so for the main course, you can serve Chicken Korma, Biryani, and Mutton Kunna. And for dessert, you can serve Lotus Biscoff Lasagne or Blueberry Cheesecake as English desserts and Shahi Tukray or Strawberry trifle as traditional royal desserts.
Types Of Kababs:
There are so many types of Fry Kababs;
- Beef Chapli Kebabs
- Gola Kabab
- Aghani Kabab
- Seekh Kabab
- Shami kabab
- Reshmi Kabab
- Bihari Kabab
- Chicken Chapli Kabab
- Fried chicken Kabab
Other uses of Fry Seekh Kabab:
This Seekh Kabab fry can also be used in other ways, like making sandwiches by stuffing bread with leftover fry Seekh Kabab and some ketchup, mayo, and buttering the tops of bread before putting them in a preheated sandwich maker.
You can also make seekh Kabab rolls by stuffing the Parathas with fry Seekh Kababs, sauces, onion slices, and raita. Roll them and enjoy.
How to store fry Seekh Kabab?
This Seekh Kabab fry can be stored in the freezer for up to one month in the cooked form.
Whenever you crave fry kabab goodness, keep them out of the freezer half an hour ago, then microwave it for a couple of minutes and enjoy.
How to make fry Seekh Kabab?
These melt-in-the-mouth fry Seekh kebabs are made with minced beef, marinated with subcontinent spices, then fried in ghee and smoked with coal.
Here is a quick and easy recipe for making these royal treats at home and enjoying them as an appetizer.
Steps of making Fry Seekh Kabab:
- Marination of beef mince
- Frying of beef mince marinade
1.Marination of Seekh Kabab:
In a large bowl, add Beef Mince, ginger garlic paste, Onions and green chilies paste, oil, ready-made Shan (Tikka Seekh Kabab)Masala, and green papaya paste. Mix well and leave it to marinate for about 2 hours or overnight.
I used Shan masala here because it is so handy, saves my time, and gives the perfect authentic flavor.
If you don’t want to add Shan Masala Packet and want to make this dish with home spices, add all the regular spices to it. Like red chili powder, turmeric powder, Coriander powder, crushed cumin seeds, black pepper powder, salt, whole spice powder, and Chaat masala.
2.Frying of Seekh Kabab:
Once the beef mixture is marinated, put some ghee/ oil in a pan, add sliced /chopped onions and fry it until golden brown.
Then add in your marinated beef mince and cook on high flame until color changes and it starts to leave some water. Then cook it on low flame for some time with a splash of some extra water. Again high the flame and cook until oil comes on top.
Lastly, Give the smoke into Seekh Kabab Fry by putting some oil over the hot coal and cover the pot.
Variations in Beef Seekh Kabab fry recipe:
- Meat: You can make this Seekh Kabab Fry with your choice of meat mince like chicken, mutton, and lamb. But for the authentic flavor, use Beef Mince.
- Spices: You can add spices according to your family’s taste. For perfect and amazing results, use the Shan-ready-made masala.
- Tenderness: For making your Beef Seekh Kabab fry more juicy and succulent, you can add green papaya paste or Yellow papaya paste along with its peal or Meat Tenderizer powder.
Seekh Kabab fry Pakistani Recipe
- 1/2 kg Beef Mince
- 2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 3 tbsp Papaya paste
- 1/2 cup Onion paste
- 2 tbsp Green chillies paste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 pkt Shan Tikka Seekh Kabab Masala
- 1/2 cup Ghee /oil for frying
- 1/2 cup Onions sliced
- 1 cup Water or as required
- Coal for smoke
- 1 Onion sliced rings
- 1 lemon wedges
- 2 tbsp Butter
- In a large bowl add Beef Mince, ginger garlic paste,onions paste and green chilies paste,oil, ready made Shan (Tikka Seekh Kabab)Masala and papaya paste.
- Mix well and leave it to marinate for about 2 hours or overnight.
- In a pot add ghee/ oil, then add sliced /chopped onions and fry it until golden brown.
- Then add your marinated beef mince and cook on high flame until color changes and it starts to leave some water.
- Add 1 cup water or as required and mix well.
- Then cook it on low flame with a lid for 20 minutes.Keep check and stir in between.
- Again high the flame and cook it without lid for 5 minutes or until oil comes on top.
- Close the burner then give a coal smoke into Seekh Kabab Fry by putting some oil over the hot coal and immediately cover the lid tightly for 3 minutes.Then remove the coal.
- Put butter on top.
- Serve hot with raita, onion slices, lemon wedges or green chutney and eat with naan, poori ,bread and parathas.
- The more time it will get for marination, the better and juicy the Seekh Kabab Fry will be.
- You can also ready this item a day before your event day.
- For the best results, use the paste of yellow papaya along with its peal in the marination.
- You can also grind the mince before use for more juicy Seekh kababs.
- Make sure to wear gloves while mixing the spiced beef mince. Otherwise, your hands will start burning with the heat of chilies and spices.
- You can also use this fry qeema as a filling in rolls and sandwiches.
Did You try this recipe? Let me know in the comments or tag me on Instagram @the_cravingzone or use the Hashtag #cravingzone
I’ve wanted to try making Indian food at home and this looks like a great first recipe to try!
This looks amazing! This is a new experience for me but I know it’s going to be good just by looking at your photos and seeing the ingredient list. I can’t wait to make this over the weekend!
And I can’t wait to see your recreation. Hope it turns out great for you.
This looks amazing! I’ve had a version of this recipe at a restaurant once, and I loved it so much! I’m so happy that I found your recipe 😆
I can’t wait to try it!
Hope it turns out great for you! And I am glad that you find my recipe helpful.
Never made Seekh Kabab before! But it sounds so delicious, can’t wait to try it at home! Thanks for sharing!
Definitely try it dear, it’s very easy and fail proof recipe. Hope it turns out great for you.
I made this with vegetarian “minced meat” and it turned out so delicious!
Oh really! That’s such a nice twist. Glad to know it turns out great for you.
This is a new recipe to me but I love to try new things! I loved this recipe! It was so easy and delicious!
Glad you find it easy, Hope it turns out delicious for you too!
LOVE this recipe!. I just had some last night at a restaurant in town and devour it. I am so happy you shared this wonderful recipe and cannot wait to make it for my family. Thank you for sharing.
Glad you find my recipe helpful. Hope it turns out great for you. Don’t forgot to tag me .
This was such a fun recipe to make! I have never tried it before and it was delicious!
Glad you like the recipe! Hope it turns out great for you!
Thanks.. glad you like it!