These succulent Seekh Kabab fry are full of juice and flavors.They just melts in the mouth and make a perfect starter for any lunch, Eid breakfast or BBQ dinner party.
This one pot juicy Seekh Kabab fry made on the stove top, in less than 30 minutes.No extra pots or pans to wash up, and minimal work with simple ingredients.
Seekh Kabab fry are not usual types of kebabs grilled on skewers.These are juicy fry Kababs also known as keema fry or Dum ka keema.Marinated with spices and raw papaya as a tenderiser.Then fried in some oil/ghee.
Easy Karachi Seekh Kabab fry recipe:
Seekh Kabab are one the famous and traditional street foods of Pakistan, served with spicy Chutney/sauces.
In Karachi, at Burns road, Waheed Kabab fry are very famous.
While living abroad we really miss the taste of our local foods.So, let’s satisfy our cravings by making the simple, easy and quick Seekh Kabab fry Recipe.
What to serve with fry Seekh Kabab?
Seekh kebab fry are typically served with raita, onion slices, lemon wedges or green chutney and eaten with naan, poori ,bread and parathas.
This Seekh Kabab fry is normally served as an appetizer, so for the main course you can serve Chicken Korma, Biryani and Mutton Kunna. And for dessert,you can serve Lotus Biscoff Lasagne or Blueberry Cheesecake as an english desserts and Shahi Tukray or Strawberry trifle as traditional royal desserts.
Types Of Kababs:
There are so many types of Fry Kababs;
- Beef Chapli Kebabs
- Gola Kabab
- Aghani Kabab
- Seekh Kabab
- Shami kabab
- Reshmi Kabab
- Bihari Kabab
- Chicken Chapli Kabab
- Fried chicken Kabab
Other uses of Fry Seekh Kabab:
These Seekh Kabab fry can also be used in other ways like, I usually make sandwiches by stuffing bread with leftover fry Seekh Kabab and some ketchup,mayo and by buttering the tops of bread before putting them in preheated sandwich maker.
You can also make seekh Kabab rolls by stuffing the Parathas with fry Seekh Kababs,sauces, onion slices and raita.Roll them and enjoy.
How to store fry Seekh Kabab?
These Seekh Kabab fry can be stored in freezer for upto one month in the cooked form.
Whenever you crave fry kabab goodness ,Just keep them out of freezer half an hour ago, then microwave it for couple of minutes and enjoy.
How to make fry Seekh Kabab?
These melt-in-the-mouth fry Seekh kebabs are made with minced beef, marinated with subcontinent spices then fried in ghee and smoked with coal.
Here is a quick and easy recipe for you to make these royal treats at home and enjoy as an appetizer.
Steps of making Fry Seekh Kabab:
- Marination of beef mince
- Frying of beef mince marinade
1.Marination of Seekh Kabab:
In a large bowl add Beef Mince, ginger garlic paste, Onions and green chilies paste,oil, ready made Shan (Tikka Seekh Kabab)Masala and green papaya paste. Mix well and leave it to marinate for about 2 hours or overnight.
As I used here Shan masala because it is so handy,saves my time and gives the perfect authentic flavour.
If you don’t want to add Shan Masala Packet and want to make this dish with home spices, so can simply add all the regular spices to it. Like red chilli powder, turmeric powder, Coriander powder, crushed cumin seeds, black pepper powder,salt, whole spice power and Chaat masala.
2.Frying of Seekh Kabab:
Once the beef mixture is marinated ,then put some ghee/ oil in pan, add in the sliced /chopped onions and fry it until golden brown.
Then add in your marinated beef mince and cook on high flame until color changes and it starts to leave some water.Then cook it on low flame for sometime with splash of some extra water.Again high the flame and cook until oil comes on top.
Lastly ,Give the smoke into Seekh Kabab Fry by putting some oil over the hot coal and cover the pot.
Variations in Beef Seekh Kabab fry recipe:
- Meat: You can make this Seekh Kabab Fry with your choice of meat mince like chicken, mutton and lamb.But for the authentic flavour use Beef Mince.
- Spices: You can add spices according to yours family’s taste.For perfect and amazing results ,use the Shan ready made masala.
- Tenderness: For making your Beef Seekh Kabab fry more juicy and succulent, you can add green papaya paste or Yellow papaya paste along with it’s peal or Meat Tenderizer powder.
Seekh Kabab fry Pakistani Recipe
- 1/2 kg Beef Mince
- 2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 3 tbsp Green/Raw papaya paste
- 1/2 cup Onion paste
- 2 tbsp Green chillies paste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 pkt Shan Tikka Seekh Kabab Masala
- 1/2 cup Ghee /oil for frying
- 1/2 cup Onions sliced
- 1 cup Water or as required
- Coal for smoke
- 1 Onion sliced rings
- 1 lemon wedges
- 2 tbsp Butter
- In a large bowl add Beef Mince, ginger garlic paste,onions paste and green chilies paste,oil, ready made Shan (Tikka Seekh Kabab)Masala and green papaya paste.
- Mix well and leave it to marinate for about 2 hours or overnight.
- In a pot add ghee/ oil, then add sliced /chopped onions and fry it until golden brown.
- Then add your marinated beef mince and cook on high flame until color changes and it starts to leave some water.
- Add 1 cup water or as required and mix well.
- Then cook it on low flame with a lid for 20 minutes.Keep check and stir in between.
- Again high the flame and cook it without lid for 5 minutes or until oil comes on top.
- Close the burner then give a coal smoke into Seekh Kabab Fry by putting some oil over the hot coal and immediately cover the lid tightly for 3 minutes.Then remove the coal.
- Put butter on top.
- Serve hot with raita, onion slices, lemon wedges or green chutney and eat with naan, poori ,bread and parathas.
- The more time it will get for marination ,the better and juicy the Seekh Kabab Fry will be.
- You can also ready this item a day before your event day.
- For the best results use the paste of yellow papaya along with its peal in marination.
- You can also grind the mince before use for more juicy Seekh kababs.
- Make sure to wear gloves while mixing the spiced beef mince. Otherwise your hands will start burning by heat of chilies and spices
- You can also use this fry qeema as a filling in rolls and sandwiches.
Did You try this recipe? Let me know in the comments or Tag me on Instagram @the_cravingzone or use the Hashtag #cravingzone