These Fried bread rolls, or crispy chicken bread rolls, are a delicious and popular appetizer or snack in many Asian cuisines. These crispy, crunchy rolls are made with thinly rolled bread slices, that are filled with a savory mixture of shredded chicken, cheese, and spices, then deep-fried until golden brown and crispy, served with a savory dipping sauce.
Table of Content:
- What are Chicken Bread rolls?
- How to make this recipe
- Ingredients you will need
- Chicken Bread Roll Recipe
- Variations of this recipe
- Different ways to cook these Chicken Bread rolls
- What to serve with crispy Bread Rolls
- How to store and reheat?
- How to freeze bread rolls?
- Recipe Card
- Pro Tips
What are Chicken Bread rolls?
Chicken bread rolls are a delicious and indulgent treat that combines the savory flavors of cooked chicken and cheese with the crispy texture of fried bread. They are easy to make at home and can be customized with different spices and seasonings to suit your taste preferences. Whether you’re looking for a tasty appetizer or a quick and easy snack, chicken cheese bread rolls will satisfy your cravings.
They make a great appetizer or snack, especially at your iftar tables in Ramadan, and are also perfect for parties, potlucks, or just a fun and tasty weeknight dinner. So why not try making your crispy bread rolls at home?
How to make this recipe:
To make fried bread rolls, you will need a few basic ingredients, including bread slices, chicken filling, and oil for frying. The filling can be made with various ingredients, including shredded chicken, vegetables, and spices such as garlic, ginger, soy sauce, etc.
- Making chicken filling
- Preparation for making rolls
- Assembling of bread rolls
- Frying of rolls
Ingredients you will need:
Here are the details on the ingredients needed to make chicken cheese bread rolls:
- Chicken: The main ingredient in this recipe is boiled and shredded chicken. It adds protein and a meaty flavor to the filling.
- Mayonnaise: Adds a creamy texture and a tangy flavor to the filling.
- Sauces: Adds a savory flavor to the filling and a spicy kick to the rolls.
- Spices: Adds a mild heat and a bold flavor to the filling.
- Capsicum: Adds a crunchy texture and a sweet flavor to the filling.
- Mozzarella cheese: Adds a stretchy and mild flavor to the filling.
- Bread crumbs: Used to coat the bread rolls before frying. It adds a crispy texture and helps to hold the filling in place.
- Eggs: Used to make an egg wash to coat the bread rolls before frying. It adds a golden brown color and helps the bread crumbs stick to the rolls.
- Bread slices: Another main ingredient to make the outer cover for the rolls.
- Oil: Used for frying the bread rolls until crispy and golden brown.
Overall, the combination of these ingredients creates a flavorful bread roll recipe.
Chicken Bread Roll Recipe:
The inside of bread rolls is soft and crispy on the outside. Beginners can attempt this dish because it is so simple to create. The bread roll has a delicious flavor due to its crispy exterior and soft inside textures. Children and adults both enjoy chicken bread rolls, and tomato ketchup or green chutney is the finest condiment to pair them with.
Step 1: Making the Chicken filling
Start the process by adding boneless chicken cubes to a pot and boiling it in water. Once boiled, cool, then shred it in a bowl.
Add mayonnaise, hot sauce, soya sauce, black pepper, white pepper, Kashmiri red chili powder, salt, ginger garlic paste, chopped capsicum, and mozzarella cheese.
Then thoroughly combine, and set aside.
Step 2: Preparation for making rolls
For preparing Bread Rolls in a small bowl, add eggs, salt, black pepper, and oregano, beat well and keep aside. Also, add the bread crumbs in a separate bowl, and set aside. Take 12- 15 bread slices, trim the edges with a knife, and roll out your bread slices to flatten them, with a rolling pin.
Step 3: Assembling of bread rolls
Start by spooning the chicken filling in the center of the thinly flattened bread slice, then wet all the edges with water. Then start to roll. First, fold one corner over the filling, roll the slice tightly, then pinch the edges to seal.
Repeat this process until all of the filling and slices have been used. Then, dip them in the beaten egg mixture. Now coat them with the bread crumbs.
Step 4: Frying of rolls
Heat a large pot/wok of oil. Carefully add the rolls to the hot oil and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy. Remove the rolls from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain them on a paper towel-lined plate.
Serve your bread rolls hot, along with the savory dipping sauce or ketchup.
Enjoy them as a side dish with your favorite meals like Biryani or Beef boti, ending the night with desserts like Lotus Lasagne or Shahi Tukray Recipe.
Variations of this recipe:
There is a variety of fillings that can be used in bread rolls, depending on your preferences and the occasion. Here are some popular options:
Meat fillings: Cooked ground beef, chicken, or turkey can be mixed with spices, and herbs to make a flavorful meat filling.
Vegetable fillings: Sauteed or roasted vegetables, such as mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers, can be mixed with cheese, herbs, and spices to make a tasty vegetarian filling.
Cheese fillings: Cheese lovers can enjoy a variety of cheese fillings, such as cheddar, mozzarella, feta, or goat cheese mixed with herbs, spices, and sometimes vegetables or meat.
These are just a few examples of the many fillings that can be used in bread rolls. Get creative and experiment with different combinations to find your favorite!
Different ways to cook these Chicken Bread rolls.
Chicken bread rolls are a delicious and versatile dish that can be cooked in various ways. Here are some popular ways to cook chicken bread rolls:
Baked chicken bread rolls:
To make baked chicken bread rolls, Place the rolls on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes; also, turn them in between and bake until golden brown.
Pan-fried chicken bread rolls:
For a crispy, golden crust without using so mucholls. Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of oil. Add the rolls to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
Deep-fried chicken bread rolls:
For an extra-crispy, crunchy exterior, try deep-frying your chicken bread rolls. Heat a large pot of oil. Carefully add the rolls to the hot oil and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Remove the rolls from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain them on a paper towel-lined plate.
Air-fried chicken bread rolls:
Air fryers are a convenient and healthy way to cook bread rolls. To make delicious and crispy bread rolls in an air fryer. Place the bread rolls in the air fryer basket in a single layer, leaving some space between each roll. You may need to cook them in batches depending on the size of your air fryer. Cook the bread rolls for 8-10 minutes, or until they are golden brown and cooked through. Check them after 5 minutes and shake the basket to ensure they cook evenly.
Air-fried bread rolls are a healthier alternative to traditional deep-fried rolls, as they require less oil and are lower in fat.
What to serve with Bread Rolls:
Fried bread rolls can be served hot or at room temperature, and are often accompanied by a savory dipping sauce. Fried bread rolls are perfect for dipping in various sauces and dips, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different flavors.
Try serving your rolls with sweet and sour sauce, chili sauce for a spicy kick, ketchup or mayo and green chutney, etc.
How to store and reheat?
To store chicken cheese bread rolls, allow them to cool completely after frying. Once cooled, transfer them to an airtight container or a plastic bag and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
It is important to note that reheating fried food may cause it to lose some of its crispiness, so it is recommended to eat them fresh if possible. However, if you need to store or freeze the bread rolls, these methods will help to preserve their flavor and texture as much as possible.
How to freeze bread rolls?
Place the uncooked/ no fried bread rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze them for about an hour until they are partially frozen.
Once partially frozen, transfer the bread rolls to a freezer-safe container or a plastic bag and store them in the freezer for 2-3 months.
To cook the frozen bread rolls, remove them from the freezer and let them thaw in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight. Once thawed, deep fry or air fry the bread rolls until golden brown and crispy.
By freezing the bread rolls before Ramadan without frying them, you can save time and have them on hand for a quick and easy iftar snack on a table.
Other related snack recipes you will love;
Chicken Bread Rolls
For Chicken Filling:
- 1 ½ Cup Chicken boiled & shredded
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Hot sauce
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp White pepper powder
- 1 ½ tsp Black pepper crushed
- ¼ tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 cup Capsicum chopped
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
For Bread Rolls:
- 1 cup Bread crumbs or as required
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper crushed
- 1/4 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 12-15 Bread slices
- 2 cups Oil for frying
For Chicken filling:
- In a pot add boneless chicken cubes and boil it in some water. Once cooled, then shred it in a bowl.
- Now in a shredded chicken add mayonnaise, hot sauce, soya sauce, black pepper, white peppper, kashmiri red chili powder, salt, ginger garlic paste, chopped capsicum and mozzarella cheese. Then thoroughly combine, and set aside.
For preparing Bread Rolls:
- In a small bowl, add eggs, salt, black pepper and oregano, beat well and keep aside.
- Also in a separate bowl add the bread crumbs, and set aside.
- Take 12- 15 bread slices, trim the edges with a knife, and roll out your bread slices to flatten them, with a rolling pin.
- Start by placing a spoonful of the chicken filling in the center of the thinly flattened bread slice, wet all the edges with water.
- Then start to roll, first fold one corner over the filling, roll the slice tightly, then pinch the edges to seal.
- Repeat this process until all of the filling and slices have been used.
- Then, dip them in the beaten egg mixture.
- Now coat them with the bread crumbs.
- Heat a large pot/wok of oil. Carefully add the rolls to the hot oil and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the rolls from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve your bread rolls hot along with the savory dipping sauce or ketchup.
Fried bread rolls are a delicious and indulgent treat that can be enjoyed as a snack or a meal. Here are some pro tips for making perfect fried chicken bread rolls.
- Roll the bread slices thinly: Ensure your fried bread rolls cook evenly and become crispy. This will also help the rolls cook quickly and prevent them from becoming too heavy.
- Small-size bread slice: These Bread rolls look more attractive and easy to handle for guests when made a small-sized bread slice. Also, in this way, it feels light and easy to eat. Especially kids can even finish a single bread roll by themselves.
- Use a flavorful filling: The filling is what makes fried bread rolls so delicious, so choose a filling that is flavorful and well-seasoned. Just ensure the filling is not too moist,, or it can make the rolls soggy.
- Seal the edges well: To prevent the filling from leaking out during frying, it is important to seal the edges of the rolls tightly. Use a little water or egg wash to help the edges stick together, and press firmly to seal.
- Fry in hot oil: To achieve the perfect crispy and golden brown crust on your fried bread rolls, ensure the oil is hot enough. Use a deep fryer or a heavy-bottomed pot filled with enough oil to submerge the rolls fully. Heat the oil and carefully add the rolls to the oil, making sure not to overcrowd the pot.
- Drain well: After frying, it is essential to drain the fried bread rolls well to remove any excess oil. Use a slotted spoon or tongs to transfer the rolls to a paper towel-lined plate or wire rack.
You might also like
Did You try this recipe? Let me know in the comments, or tag me on Instagram @the_cravingzone. Also, please consider leaving a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the comment section below.
Just make and freeze them. Fry 1 testing roll and it taste delicious. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
I’m glad. Thank you for sharing your feedback
This looks so good. Will try this in Ramadan InshAllah.
Thank you. Hope it turns out great for you!