This easy Shrimp Pasta is one of the perfect recipes for a busy weeknight. Pasta and sautéed shrimp and vegetables are tossed in a creamy white and red sauce for a light yet hearty meal.
In this recipe the shrimp and sauce are all made in one pan as the pasta cooks and the whole thing is table ready in about 30 minutes! You can make the sauce even creamier by adding a little bit of cream cheese, or melting in some Mozzarella.
Easy Shrimp Pasta steps :
This is an easy shrimp pasta just ready in 4 steps :
- Boil the spaghetti
- Cook the shrimps
- Saute the vegetables
- Ready the sauce
Once all the above steps are done, mix them all together and just cook them on a low flame for a couple of minutes with some Sprinkle of cheese and oregano. Enjoy it with your family.
– Boil the pasta:
For making the shrimp spaghetti ,simply put the spaghetti into hot boiled water with some salt and boil until full done then strain it.Rinse with water and then drizzle some oil on it so that they will not stick together.
Types of pasta:
You can use the following types of pasta;
- Whole wheat pasta
- Rice pasta
- Egg pasta
Shapes of Pasta:
You can make pasta of any shape of your choice like;
- Elbow shape
- Shell pasta
- Penne etc.
– Lemon garlic Shrimp pasta:
Shrimps are just so easy to cook.With a little greased pan , add in some ginger garlic paste then sautes the shrimps for a couple of minutes then sprinkle the spices with some lemon juice and cook for about 5 more minutes until both sides become pink or the shrimps just turns into a round shape.
I personally use the frozen small shrimps , as they are already thawed, peeled , tails removed and de_veined and so handy for always in a rush mummy. You can for sure use the fresh ones as they definitely taste so amazing and flavorful.
– Sauces for Creamy Shrimp Pasta :
As I mentioned above that I use both red and white sauces in this creamy shrimp pasta because when both sauces comes together they balances beautifully the spiciness of red sauce and cheesy goey flavor of white sauce ,just like as it makes a perfect combination with my Fire Chicken recipe.It just seems perfect as a comforting meal for every age group on a weeknight followed by some yummy creamy Lotus lasagna or Trifle.
- White Sauce: Soo easy to make with some butter and flour mixed together following the milk and some seasoning. For making it more gooey and yummy you can also add some mozzarella or cheddar cheese in it .
- Red Sauce: This is the homemade red sauce. This is my go to red sauce recipe which I usually use in my pasta or lasagna or homemade pizza and also in other Italian foods. Take some oil in pan add in the tomato puree and cook it for few minutes .Then sprinkle the spices and some ketchup or tomato paste , cook until desired consistency . It should not be too thick or thin, you can also add some hot sauce or buffalo sauce or Peri Peri sauce to it , according to your taste.
-Healthy shrimp Pasta:
In this shrimp pasta recipe I used cabbage , bell pepper , Carrot , green onion leaves . You can also add broccoli or mushrooms etc. These vegetables are just sauteed in a greased pan with some vinegar and seasoning then added into the boiled spaghetti.
Kids Favorite Shrimp & Pasta:
My son LOVES it and I don’t have to remind him 100 times to take another bite , and most importantly he don’t need any screens while eating his favorite shrimp pasta.
Its one of the best way to add or hide vegetables in your kids food as they are just so busy in eating those long long noodles with a lot of veges. I always tries to add as much possible vegetables in it as I can.
Not to mention, the price we pay for 1 plate of this at ‘Venice ‘ could feed a family of six.
Shrimp Pasta Recipe
- Boiling water as required
- 250 gm Spaghetti boiled as per pack’s instructions
- 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- 2 cups Frozen shrimps
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp White pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
For white Sauce:
- 2 tbs Butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 tsp Black pepper crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar cheese grated
For red sauce :
- 1 tbsp Oil 1 tbsp
- 1/2 cup Tomato puree 1/2 cup
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp White pepper powder 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp Salt 1/2 tsp Or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp Chicken powder 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 cup Ketchup /tomato paste 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup bell pepper julienne
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup green onion
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente. Drain then Rinse with water and then drizzle some oil on it so that they will not stick together.
- Meanwhile, in a large heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add ginger garlic paste then shrimp and season with ¾ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon peppers and chili flakes. Cook, tossing occasionally, until shrimp is pink and just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice and toss to coat. Remove shrimp from skillet and reserve on a plate.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds then add in your chopped vegetables by seasoning it with some salt and pepper. Cook until sauteed.. Remove vegetables from skillet and reserve on a plate.
- In the same skillet over low heat, melt butter. add in flour mix well then add the milk then season it with salt and peppers and cook until it thickens. For making it more gooey and yummy you can also add some mozzarella or cheddar cheese in it .
- Take some oil in pan add in the tomato puree and cook it for few minutes . Then sprinkle the spices and some ketchup or tomato paste , cook until desired consistency . It should not be too thick or thin You can also add some hot sauce or buffalo sauce or Peri Peri sauce to it , according to your taste.
- Add cooked pasta and shrimp to skillet and vegetables and both sauces toss to coat. Season to taste with more salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley and green onions with some sprinkle of Mozzarella.
- For a quick dinner use the frozen shrimps otherwise fresh shrimps are obviously the better option to go with.
- Its one of the best way to add or hide vegetables in your kids food as they are just so busy in eating those long long noodles with a lot of veges.
- Don’t over cook the shrimps otherwise they will become hard.Just cook until both sides become pink or the shrimps just turns into a .round shape.
You may also like:
KEEP IN TOUCH!
Did You try this recipe? Let me know in the comments or Tag me on Instagram @the_cravingzone or use the Hashtag #cravingzone