One of the most loved foods in the world is finally here! I lightened up a classic lasagna and created this chicken version. It was preferred over the traditional Italian Lasagna dish in taste tests in my family and friends as well.
Lasagna holds a reputation of being a crowd pleaser. I mean, who doesn’t like a giant slab of melted cheese, the creamy dreamy chicken sauce, and pasta?
Homemade Chicken Lasagna :
The ultimate comfort food = homemade lasagna. Family and friends gather around the dinner table at any time for this chicken lasagna . Feels like it is giving big warm comforting hug just like Homemade pizza , Banana Bread, Tuscan Chicken.
How to make Lasagna?
Whether you spell it lasagna , lasagnia or lasagne, we can all agree it’s an Italian classic, a family favorite and an amazing dinner along with Crescent ring for snack and If followed by the yummy creamy Blueberry Cheesecake, or Mango Cheesecake or cake Truffles, then will be a complete treat for your family on a weekend night.
There are 4 components for making lasagna:
Lasagna recipe is easy and consist of only four steps;
- Boiling flat Lasagna sheets.
- The Chicken Filling sauce.
- The white sauce – creamy and thick, but no cream or ricotta required!
- Assembling and baking.
I prefer dried lasagna sheets , as they are so handy and always available in kitchen pantry . You can also use fresh lasagna pasta sheets which are found in the refrigerator section of most grocery stores.
The first step is to put sheets for boiling .Sheets need to be boiled first before assembly. Follow the instructions on the packet. Add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil into the water to prevent the sheets from sticking together and stir them occasionally with a wooden spoon. Strain cooked lasagna sheet carefully into strainer and pour some cold water . Leave them in there until ready to use. This helps prevent them from sticking together or drying out. You can do this while the chicken filling sauce is gently simmering away so all elements are ready at the same time.
This chicken lasagna recipe is one of our favorite comfort foods. Tender chicken is layered with veggies, cheese, and lasagna noodles in a rich creamy white sauce.
You need only few ingredients to make this Béchamel happen:
- Cheddar cheese.
Lasagna Chicken Filling:
The traditional Lasagna version is made using a mix of pork and beef. If you don’t wish to do this, use beef. But here I used chicken mince.
For this lasagna Chicken filling you need some easy pantry staples . Start saute-in the onion followed by the chicken Mince with some chopped tomatoes and sprinkle of seasoning with some drizzle of water, cook for a couple of minutes . Lastly add in your favorite veggies , and simmer it for few minutes.
LASAGNA RECIPE VARIATIONS:
The options for how to customize this lasagna recipe are practically limitless. So feel free to get creative and experiment with whatever sounds best to you.
Like you can use:
- Other Types of pasta
- Use beef or mutton meat
- Family favorite veggies
- White Alfredo sauce
- Extra flavoring or spicy
- More Cheesy
- Use Four types of Cheese
- Lasagna roll ups etc etc.
Assembling of LASAGNA:
I don’t know anyone that would say no to lasagna’s either the spicy one or the sweet one ‘ Lotus Biscoff Lasagna‘. Although a word of warning – it is VERY RICH! You might need a lie down after you’ve eaten even a small portion!
- White creamy sauce
- Lasagna sheets boiled
- Chicken filling
- White sauce
- Cheddar cheese 1 Cup or as required
- Mozzarella cheese 1 Cup or as required
- Dried oregano to sprinkle
- Repeat steps .
Store and Reheat The Lasagna
- To Store. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To Reheat. Reheat gently in the microwave, and top with a little leftover sauce or cheese if you have it available.
Check some amazing Kitchen Appliance Packages , here.
Easy Lasagna Recipe:
- 12 sheets Lasagna (400 gm)
- 3 cups Water
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbs Oil
- 1/2 cup Onion Chopped
- 1 tbs Garlic and ginger paste
- ½ kg Chicken Mince
- 1 cup Tomato Chopped
- ½ cup Tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Red chili Crushed
- 1 tsp Black pepper Crushed
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- ½ cup Chicken stock or water
- 1/2 cup Bell pepper Chopped
- 2 tbs Butter
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cup Milk
- ½ tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 tsp White pepper powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- 3 tbsp Ketchup
- 1/3 cup Olives sliced
- 1/3 cup Corns optional
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
For boiling sheets:
- Add water, bring it to boil then add in lasagna sheets.Follow the instructions on the packet. Add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil into the water to prevent the sheets from sticking together and stir them occasionally with a wooden spoon. Strain cooked lasagna sheet carefully into strainer and pour some cold water . Leave them in there until ready to use. This helps prevent them from sticking together or drying out. You can do this while the chicken Filling sauce is gently simmering away so all elements are ready at the same time.
For Chicken Filling:
- In pan, add oil and onion and garlic, sauté for 1-2 minutes then add chicken mince and sauté until mince changes color. Add tomatoes, tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Add salt,red chili crushed,black pepper crushed,dried oregano and chicken stock or water,cook for 2-3 minutes. Add bell pepper,mix and set aside.
For white sauce:
- On over low heat, melt butter. add in flour mix well then add the milk then season it with salt and peppers and cook until it thickens. For making it more gooey and yummy you can also add some mozzarella or cheddar cheese in it .
- -Grease baking dish with butter, spread white sauce, cover it with lasagna sheets, add chicken filling sauce then pour white sauce, sprinkle cheddar cheese and other desired veggies.
- -Repeat the same steps again and again.
- -Sprinkle cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, olives ,ketchup , corns and dried oregano.
- -Bake for 20 minutes at 180 C or until cheese looks crispy and golden brown.
- Best Chicken lasagna is ready.
- Assemble then bake later. Just let the sauce cool a bit then assemble the lasagna and bake later – up to about 24 hours is fine.
- Freeze it for later use when you will crave hard.
- Make sure that white sauce should be thick, so it will look more creamy .
- Don’t over boil the sheets because they will further get cooked while baking .
- You can also give smoke to the chicken filling sauce to make it a Smoked Lasagna.
Craving for more cheesy recipes?
Check the other recipes and subscribe for latest recipes.
Stay connected on Instagram:
Did You try this recipe? Let me know in the comments or Tag me on Instagram @the_cravingzoneor use the Hashtag #cravingzone
Thanks alot. Hope you like it!
Thanks alot dear… Glad you like it!
Thanks alot dear.. Glad you like it!
The lasagne looks really creamy and delicious.
Thanks alot.. I m glad you like it. And yes it turns out Soo saucy and Creamy .. hope u enjoy it!
I love lasagna but have not tried to make it until now. Yours is the best presentation I have ever seen; and that is truth. I saved the recipe and will try making it this week, Lord willing.
Thanks a lot dear! once u try this recipe don’t forget to comment and tag me on my Instagram or pinterest.
I will comment but need your instructions how to tag on WordPress.
U cannot tag on WordPress but u can mention link of your photos in comments.