Let’s ditch the delivery and bake up our own easy , cheesy ,saucy and delicious homemade pizza .
My family now prefers the homemade Pizza better than that take out. Nothing can beat homemade pizza . I’m so excited to share the homemade pizza recipe because it’s so easy and quick without any fancy flavors or sexy looks. It can easily be thrown together using simple pantry staples from the kitchen.
Easy Homemade Pizza Recipe :
We are a pizza loving family ! And when it comes to making it , my kids are always ready to be my mini helpers. They just love to shape the dough with those cute Lil tiny hands and put their favorite toppings and ingredients . It’s a fun way to keep them occupied in these quarantine days.
Checkout more kids friendly recipes like Chocolate banana bread , Coconut Snow balls and Lotus Biscoff Lasagna.
4 STEPS to make homemade pizza:
- The dough kneading
- Topping Sauce
- Barbecue chicken cubes
- Assembling pizza
1.Homemade pizza dough :
When you make your pizza dough from scratch at home than pizza is one those cheapest dinners you make . All the ingredients of the pizza dough are just so handy , so you can make it whenever you crave the pizza goodness.
On the other hand I am also lil hesitated while sharing this recipe, although this pizza dough recipe is so easy and quick and I have made this recipe most in the house but it’s a lil unconventional and that scares me a bit. But it’s a must try recipe that wilt make you fall in love with it over and over again!
This pizza dough is just so easy and the best , containing only 6 ingredients with no fancy flavours or eggs and just one bowl to knead the dough for just 5 seconds without any stand mixer and your just done, leave it to rise.
. Dough from Instant yeast:
Mix together the flour and salt with some sprinkle of oil . If you are using instant yeast so can directly add in the flour mixture with sugar and knead for a few seconds or u can say just mix it for seconds with luke warm water and you are done . And let it rise it the bowl by greasing the base. Covering the top and keeping it near some hot place for a couple of hour.
. Dough from Active dry yeast:
if you are using active dry yeast so you have to put it in some lukewarm water with some sugar and than dissolve it and leave it for few minutes , let it rise a bit. In a large bowl add in the flour , salt , oil and activated yeast, just mix all ingredients together . If it form a sticky texture it means you going perfect but if not so just add in some lil more water for desired stickiness. Just give it proper stir and you are done without any hard kneading . Keep it in a greased bowl by covering the top with cling film and leave it to rise for a couple of hours .
You can also again mix it in between the couple of hour with wet hands , and leave it to rise again . This sticky pizza dough is not so pretty looking actually it’s even boring to photograph.
It’s a lil bit tricky for the beginners to deal with it stickiness for the first time but the practice will make it worth. And on the other side it’s the best and easy recipe for the new comers or those who struggled in baking even in easy recipes like me , will definitely gonna find it so easy as their is no kneading pressure or the perfect handsome texture and will get the best ever result once baked.
Take your pizza pan grease it with lil oil then pour your dough over it directly , also grease your hands.First make 2 balls of that dough and spread one ball in one pan and other on another pan. You can use a rolling pin to make a perfect circle , alternatively I personally prefer using hands to flatten and stretch the dough perfectly around the pan .
With the help of fork ,Pierce the dough all over.Then it’s time for the sauce and your favourite toppings.
2. Pizza topping Recipe at home:
The best thing about pizza is that it can be ready with easy pantry staples . You can use any topping you prefer , oh just love this versatility of Pizza.
The sauce which I used here is the homemade red pizza sauce. This is my go to red sauce recipe which I also use in my pasta or lasagna and other Italian foods.
For other more flavors check Chicken Fajita Pizza recipe and Creamy Chicken tikka Pizza.
Take some oil in pan add in the tomato puree and cook it for few minutes . Then sprinkle the spices and some ketchup or tomato paste , cook until desired consistency . It should not be too thick or thin .
You can also add some hot sauce or buffalo sauce or Peri Peri sauce to it , according to your taste. I usually stick to the above one combination recipe. Sometimes I also make white sauce and mix it with red sauce , it also tastes sinfully delicious!
3. BBQ / smoked chicken recipe :
Homemade bbq chicken pizza is our favorite weekend meal . I feel like boneless chicken cubes are just life savers. Always laying in the freezer , easy to defrost and get cooked in minutes. Can be marinated with any favorite flavor .
Take the boneless chicken cubes add in ginger garlic paste , spices to taste with some sprinkle of lemon or vinegar . Then toss it with some oil and yogurt . Marinate for a couple of minutes then fry it in a greased pan on low flame until full done.
Lastly give it a smoke with a super hot coal by pouring some oil to it. Make sure the lid should be in your hand to cover the pan quickly so that the smoke doesn’t spread out . After a couple of minutes when your remove the lid , the amazing aroma will start to fills in the house.
4. Assembling the Pizza :
This part of the pizza is my kids favorite . As they love to sprinkle their favorite toppings and ingredients with their baby hands step by step , as i guide them.
So once all your above steps are done , now it’s time to gather them at one place. Before starting don’t forget to preheat your oven and defrost your cheese and make sure all your family’s favorite veges chopping is done.
- Pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- Cooked chicken
- Onion rings
- Shredded cheddar Cheese
- Bell pepper Julienne
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Black olives
- Dried Oregano
- Crushed red chili flakes.
Homemade pizza recipe:
For Pizza Dough:
- 1 1/2 tsp Active dry yeast
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 Cup Luke warm Water
- 3 Cups All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tbs Oil
For barbeque Chicken:
- 300 gm Chicken boneless cube
- 2-3 tbs Yogurt
- 2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbs Lemon juice / vinegar
- ½ tsp Red chili powder or to taste
- ½ tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Crushed cumin
- ½ tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- 2 tbs Oil
For Pizza sauce :
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 cup Tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp White pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt Or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Chicken powder
- 1/2 cup Ketchup /tomato paste
- 1 finger sized block of coal.
- 1 tsp oil.
Prepare Pizza Dough:
- In small jug,add active dry yeast,sugar,warm water and mix well,cover and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl add all-purpose flour, salt, oil and mix well.
- Now add yeast mixture and mix well.
- Gradually add warm water and knead until all the ingredients combine together and form a sticky dough , cover and let it rest for 2-3 hours.
- You can also again mix it in between the couple of hour with wet hands , and leave it to rise again .
- In the boneless chicken cubes add in ginger garlic paste , spices to taste with some sprinkle of lemon or vinegar . Then toss it with some oil and yogurt .
- Marinate for half an hour then fry it in a greased pan.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 8-10 minutes then cook on high flame until its dry and full done.
- Lastly give it a smoke with a super hot coal by pouring some oil to it. Make sure the lid should be in your hand to cover the pan quickly so that the smoke doesn’t spread out.
- Take a small dough and make a ball,on pizza tray,sprinkle oil and press to make a flat dough and poke with fork.
- Spread pizza sauce,add cooked chicken,onion,cheddar cheese,capsicum,mozzarella cheese,black olives and dried oregano and some red chili flakes.
Baking in Oven:
- Makes 2 medium Pizzas. Bake the pizza in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 25 – 30 minutes.
- You can also make mini versions and freeze it for up-to 1 week and wherever you crave just thaw before use . It can also be used as an Eid snack at your Eid breakfast.
- When you are in rush use chicken chunks or ready made chicken cubes or any leftover shredded chicken .
- All purpose Flour can also be replaced by bread flour which give a crispy crust. Also wheat flour can also be used for a healthy dinner.
- Make sure your water for yeast must be Luke warm . Hot water would kill your yeast.
Do subscribe for more recipes.
[…] at any time for this chicken lasagna . Feels like it is giving big warm comforting hug just like Homemade pizza , Banana Bread, Tuscan […]
Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I抣l be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.
There’s nothing like homemade pizza.
Oh yes! Always prefer homemade pizza over restaurant pizza!
Look so delicious 😋
Thanks alot! Glad you like it.
Most welcome 😊🤗