As the name of the dish Fire Chicken, completely reflects the actual hotness of the dish . This rich , super super spicy and gooey cheesy fiery perfection will make your mouth burn,but with a smile on your face.
This South Korean street dish is known as “Cheese buldak” means ‘bul = fire’ and ‘dak=chicken’, when gained popularity then comes up by the name of ” Fire Chicken”
You can also check Food Travel blogs at Travel blogs in USA.
One pot Fire Chicken:
It features chunky, juicy chicken swamped in a chili sauce with melty cheese. It contains all the essence of a pizza and it’s addictively good. It’s extremely easy to put together and takes no time to make. If you’re looking for a quick one-pan recipe, look no further!
Easy Steps of Fire Chicken:
This one pot dish is ready in few easy steps o:
- Marinating Chicken
- Frying chicken
- Melting Cheese
- Garnish & serve.
Before moving towards the recipe or making of the buldak sauce , I just want to clear you something that as we don’t generally use Korean ingredients due to unavailability in our areas . So just get your hands on all those hot Asian spices to heat up your dish.
This Buldak Sauce is the delicious combination of spicy hotness and honey sweetness when layered together and followed by cheesy chewy goodness offering some relief from the heat of the chicken underneath.
What and when to serve Korean Fire Chicken ?
This dish can be used as snack at brunch or can be perfect dinner when served with rice or it can be served at formal breakfasts gathering. As last year I made this at our Eid gathering for my family and friends , they all just loved it.
Make it as hot as you can , it hurts but hurts good.
Korean Chicken Recipe:
Craving it? So lets rush towards the recipe.
Get ready for the red hot mouth with sweaty head and sssssss sound all over the table ,just dare to make this recipe .
Fire Chicken Recipe
- 2 tbs Red chili flakes
- ½ tbs Red chili powder
- ½ tsp Black pepper powder
- 2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbs Soy sauce
- 1 tbs Hot pepper sauce
- 3 tbs Honey
- 1-2 tbs Water
- 500 gm Chicken boneless cubes
- 1-2 tbs Oil
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- 200 gm Mozzarella cheese Grated
- 1 tbs Green onion chopped
- In bowl,add red chili flakes,paprika powder,red chili powder,black pepper powder,ginger garlic paste,soy sauce, hot pepper sauce,honey and water,mix well.
- Add chicken boneless cubes and marinate for 15 minutes.
- In frying pan, heat oil and add chicken,mix well.
- Add salt, then cover & cook until chicken is full done.
- Add mozzarella cheese,cover and cook or bake until cheese melts.
- Garnish with green onion.
- Serve hot and enjoy with rice or bread .
- This dish can also be made with chicken thighs .
- Prepare this dish a night before but melt the cheese at the event day in a preheated oven.
- Make a complete meal by serving it with rice , salad or bread.
Craving? Just dare to make this recipe! will you?