A popular Pakistani /Indian street food snack, Creamy fruit Chaat that combines a variety of fresh fruits with a dreamy creamy dressing. It is a delicious and refreshing way to enjoy a flavorful healthy snack. Cream chaat is also a popular item to serve at iftar, during the holy month of Ramadan.
In our family, creamy fruit chaat is a go-to dessert for picnics, potlucks, or an afternoon treat. It is a snack that we all look forward to and always brings a smile to our faces. It is a family favorite that we will continue to enjoy for years.
Table of Content:
- What Is Creamy fruit chaat?
- How to make this recipe
- Creamy Fruit Chaat Recipe
- How to serve cream chaat?
- How to Cream Chaat?
- Recipe Card
- Pro Tips
What Is Creamy fruit chaat?
Creamy fruit chaat is a richer and more indulgent version of the traditional fruit chaat. Adding thickened cream, sugar, and vanilla essence transforms the dish into a decadent dessert perfect for special occasions or as a treat for your family and friends.
The creamy texture and the sweetness of the cream complement the natural sweetness of the fruits, making the dish even more delicious and satisfying. Despite being a more luxurious fruit chaat, it is still a healthy and nutritious dish packed with vitamins and minerals from the fresh fruits.
Creamy fruit chaat is a delightful and flavorful dessert that can be enjoyed on its own or as a side dish to complement any meal. It will surely become a family favorite and a crowd-pleaser at any gathering or party.
How to make this recipe:
We usually make creamy fruit chaat using a mix of seasonal fruits like mangoes, bananas, apples, grapes, and pomegranate seeds. We also like to add nuts like almonds or cashews for an extra crunch. The creamy dressing made with thick cream, sweetener and vanilla essence gives the chaat a rich and flavorful taste that we cannot resist.
Another great thing about creamy fruit chaat is that it is easy to make. It only takes a few minutes to chop the fruits and mix the dressing.
- Making of creamy dressing
- Chopping of fruits and nuts
Ingredients you will need:
Here are the details on the ingredients for a fruit salad:
- Apples: A versatile fruit used in various dishes, including fruit salads. They are a good source of fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants. For this recipe, you will need two apples. Choose apples that are firm and crisp.
- Grapes and berries: Add a sweet and juicy flavor to fruit salads. They are also a good source of vitamins and antioxidants. Wash the bunch of grapes thoroughly and remove the stems before adding them to the salad.
- Bananas: A popular fruit high in potassium, fiber, and vitamin C. They add a creamy texture and sweet flavor to fruit salads. Choose bananas that are firm and ripe.
- Cream: Thickened cream has a rich and creamy texture that adds a luxurious flavor to fruit salads. For this recipe, you will need 500 ml of thickened cream.
- Sugar: Sugar is a sweetener commonly used in fruit salads to enhance the flavor of the fruits. You can adjust the amount of sugar according to your preference.
- Vanilla essence: It adds a sweet and aromatic flavor to the fruit salad.
- Dates: Dates are a natural sweetener rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They add a chewy and sweet texture to the fruit Chaat.
These ingredients make for a delicious and nutritious fruit salad perfect for any occasion.
Creamy Fruit Chaat Recipe:
One of the best things about creamy fruit chaat is its versatility. We can make it with any combination of fruits and adjust it’s sweetness according to our taste.
Step 1 : Making of creamy dressing
Add the thickened cream, sugar, and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl. Mix well until the sugar dissolves and the cream becomes smooth.
Step 2: Chopping fruits and nuts :
Wash all the fruits thoroughly and cut them according to your desired size and shape. You can slice the apples into thin wedges, cut the grapes into halves, and slice the bananas into rounds. Chop the date and nuts into small pieces.
Add all the prepared fruits, chopped dates to the cream mixture and toss gently to coat them with the cream. Cover the bowl and chill the fruit chaat. Serve the creamy fruit chaat as a refreshing and delicious dessert or snack.
Variations of this recipe:
There are many variations that you can try when making creamy fruit chaat. Here are a few ideas:
- Add nuts: Toasted and chopped almonds, pistachios, or cashews can add a crunchy texture to the chaat.
- Add Museli : They can make a healthy breakfast option as well.
- Use different fruits: Try different combinations of fruits like mango, pineapple, guava, berries etc.
Experiment with different ingredients to find your favorite variation of creamy fruit chaat!
How to make it healthy and vegan?
Using coconut cream and vegan yogurt, this version of creamy fruit chaat is dairy-free and vegan. Maple syrup adds a natural sweetness to the recipe. Adding fruits makes it a healthy snack high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Try this vegan and healthy version of creamy fruit chaat, and enjoy a delicious, guilt-free snack/ dessert!
How to Freeze cream chaat?
It is not recommended to freeze creamy fruit chaat, as the texture and consistency of the fruits and cream can be affected by the freezing and thawing process. However, you can freeze some of the fruits used in the fruit chaat, such as bananas or grapes, for later use in smoothies or other recipes.
How to stop bananas from getting black?
Bananas can quickly turn black and mushy when mixed with other fruits and stored for an extended period. Here are some tips:
- Use firm bananas.
- Add them just before serving if you prepare creamy fruit chaat in advance.
What are the sugar alternatives for cream Chaat?
If you are looking for an alternative to sugar in your fruit salad recipe, here are a few options:
- Maple syrup
Overall, there are many natural alternatives to sugar that you can use in your fruit Chaat recipe, depending on your taste and dietary preferences.
Thick cream vs whip cream:
Thick and whipped cream are dairy products used as toppings or in recipes to add a creamy texture and rich flavor. However, there are some differences between the two.
|Thick cream||Whip cream|
|Thick cream, or double cream, is typically not whipped and is used in its liquid state.||On the other hand, whipped cream is made by beating heavy cream with a mixer or whisk until it reaches a light and airy consistency.|
|It is used in various recipes, such as soups, sauces, and desserts, to add richness and creaminess.||Whipped cream is commonly used as a topping for pies, cakes, and other desserts.|
|It has a high-fat content of around 36-40%.||Whipped cream has a lower fat content than thick cream, usually around 30%, and is often sweetened with sugar or vanilla.|
How to serve cream chaat?
Creamy fruit chaat can be served in various ways depending on your preference. Creamy fruit chaat is best served fresh. Here are a few suggestions:
Serve as a snack: Creamy fruit chaat makes a great snack or appetizer for a party or gathering. You can serve it in small bowls or cups.
Serve as a dessert: Creamy fruit chaat can also be served after a meal.
Serve as a side dish: Creamy fruit chaat can be served as a side dish with spicy main dishes like biryani, kebabs, or korma.
Regardless of how you serve creamy fruit chaat, it will surely be a delicious and refreshing complement to any meal.
How to store Cream Chaat?
Following these tips ensures that your creamy chaat remains fresh and delicious, even when prepared in advance. or If you have leftover chaat, here are some tips for storing it:
Store in the refrigerator: Creamy fruit chaat should be in an airtight container. The dressing can cause the fruits to release their juices, so it is best to keep it covered and refrigerated.
Consume within 24 hours: Creamy fruit chaat is best consumed within 24 hours of preparation to ensure the fruits remain fresh and flavorful.
Keep it chilled: If you are serving creamy fruit chaat outdoors, place the serving bowl on a larger bowl filled with ice. This will help to keep the fruits fresh and prevent the dressing from separating.
Other related recipes you will love
Creamy Fruit Chaat
For the creamy mixture:
- 500 ml Thickened cream
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
For the Fruits:
- 2 Apples medium
- 1 bunch Grapes
- 4 Bananas large
- 3-5 Dates optional
- 1/4 cup Berries optional
- 1/4 cup Nuts chopped (optional)
- Wash all the fruits thoroughly and cut them according to your desired size and shape. You can slice the apples into thin wedges, cut the grapes into halves, and slice the bananas into rounds.
- In a mixing bowl, add the thickened cream, sugar, and vanilla essence. Mix well until the sugar dissolves and the cream becomes smooth.
- Add all the prepared fruits to the cream mixture and toss gently to coat them with the cream. Make sure that all the fruits are well coated with the cream mixture.
- Now add the chopped dates and nuts to the cream mixture.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill the fruit chaat in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until it is cold.
- Once chilled, give the fruit chaat a gentle stir to distribute the cream evenly. You can garnish the top with some chopped nuts, such as almonds or pistachios, if you like.
- Serve the creamy fruit chaat chilled as a refreshing and delicious dessert or snack.
Here are some pro tips that can help you make the best creamy fruit chaat:
- Use fresh and ripe fruits: Fresh and ripe fruits will add more flavor and sweetness to your fruit chaat. Make sure to use fruits that are in season for the best taste and texture.
- Add sugar gradually: When adding sugar to the cream, add it gradually and taste as you go. This will help you achieve the perfect level of sweetness without making the cream too sweet.
- Use a variety of fruits: Use a variety of fruits in your chaat for a more colorful and flavorful dish. Add fruits like mangoes, pineapples, pomegranate seeds, or kiwis.
- Keep the fruit chaat chilled: Once you have mixed the fruits and cream, keep the bowl covered and chilled in the refrigerator until ready to serve. This will help the flavors to meld together and keep the fruit chaat fresh and crisp.
You might also like
Did You try this recipe? Let me know in the comments, or tag me on Instagram @the_cravingzone. Also, please consider leaving a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the comment section below.
Can’t wait try this in Ramadan. We usually had simple fruit chaat with chaat masala.
It’s a must try, then there is never going back.