These Cream cheese Oreo Brownies are moist and delicious with dark fudge oreo brownie bottom complemented with smooth, light cream cheese layer, topped with crunchy mini oreos and some drizzled chocolate.
These dense, fudgy, and rich Cream cheese Oreo Brownies are for those times when you can’t decide whether you want cookies, cheesecake, or brownies.
So, let’s satisfy all of the three cravings with a single slice of Cream cheese Oreo Brownies. This easy to make treat incorporates all of your favorite desserts in one place.
The Oreo Cream cheese Brownie is the perfect dessert to enjoy Brownies and cheesecake at the same time. The combination of brownies with cheesecake is my forever favorite. And how could you go wrong with this brownie combo? Never!
How to make Cream cheese Brownies?
Do you have a cookie and cream lover or a brownie or cheesecake lover in your life? Then just make them these Oreo Cream cheese Brownies!
This is so easy to make with some pantry staples, no need for melted chocolate, no electric beaters or mixers, and can be prepared in under 10 minutes. And you will gonna rock the world!
But, If you want to make it all from scratch, then check this Baked Cream cheese Oreo Brownies Recipe.
The gooey and fudgy brownies with chunks of Oreos baked right inside. Also known as Cookies and cream brownies or Brownie bottom Cheesecake. Once you take a bite, they will simply melt in your mouth and make you lost in its rich dark chocolatey and creamy flavor. Yeah! Best ever Brownies and my entire family loved these.
What is the difference between Fudgy Brownies & Cakey Brownies?
- They are dense, moist, and gooey.
- They have a chewy, fudge-like texture.
- Their batter has less amount of liquids but more Chocolate.
- It involves less beating.
- They are not over baked.
- They are light, less moist, and airy.
- They are tall and have a cake-like, slightly fluffy texture.
- Their batter is more liquidy and contains more flour.
- It involves more beating.
- They are fully baked.
Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies Recipe:
The Oreo cream cheese brownies consist of three layers: Bottom brownie layer, middle layer cream cheese, and top layer Oreo cookies.
Easy Brownie Recipe:
Cake mix Brownies:
Delicious brownies made right from a simple box of cake mix! You only need 4 ingredients to make this ready and it comes up with a delicious chocolate flavor.
Fudgy, chewy, and delicious brownies made just from a simple box of cake mix. All the dry ingredients are already measured and mixed together. Using a packaged brownie mix will save your time and energy both, highly recommend for busy moms. And the best thing is that the results are so perfect, fail-proof, and divine.
Desserts from Box Brownie mix :
There is a large variety of dessert recipes that can be made by just using a brownie mix. Below are the few decadent types of brownies you must try!
- Salted Brookies ( Salted brownie cookies)
- Cheesecake Brownies
- Peanut Butter Brownies
- Nutella ganache Brownies
- S’mores Brownies (Brownies with Marshmallow fluff)
- Mint Brownies
- Coffee Brownies
- Walnut Brownies
- Chocolate Mousse Brownies
- Homemade Oreo Brownie cookies
- Cookies and Cream Brownies
- Salted Caramel Brownie Bars
- Biscoff Brownies
- Skillet Brownies
- Chocolate chip Cookie Brownie
- Chocolate covered Brownies
Steps of making Oreo Cream cheese Brownies:
This Oreo dessert is so easy and just go through with three simple steps and you are done.
- Making of brownies
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Oreo and ganache Topping
Making of Brownies:
First, prepare the box brownies according to package instructions. Also mix-in a cup full of crushed Oreos in it then pour the batter into a round greased pan.
Bake the brownie batter for about 30 minutes at 180 °C.
Once it’s baked, let it cool for a couple of hours.
I used here, Dark Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix, but you can use whatever chocolate cake mix you like.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
In a small bowl, add cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract beat until smooth.
Now spread your cream cheese mixture on top of the brownies and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
Oreo and ganache Topping:
Decorate your cream cheese Brownies with mini Oreos and top it with some homemade ganache by simply melting chocolate chips and adding some hot water in it, mix well until smoothly combine.
How to make Boxed Brownies Better?
There are so many possible variations that can be made for making your brownies best, more rich and heavenly, or even healthy or nutty.
A large variety of cake mix options are available for making the easy best brownies. As I used here Dark chocolate fudge brownie mix, use can also use Chocolate Chunks Fudge Brownie mix, Funfetti brownie mix, Cookie brownie mix, Double, or Triple chocolate brownie mix, etc.
You can also check wide range of amazing products at Betty Crocker.
For more rich flavor, instead of using water you can add milk or better to use brewed coffee as it intensifies the chocolate flavor.
For dense, fudgy brownies, oil is the best option. But if you want little tall brownies, better to use butter because it helps rise the batter.
For Cakey brownies, add one extra egg to your fudge brownie mix then the required eggs.
NOTE: Make sure not to use cold eggs, otherwise they will firm up the other ingredients which could ruin your brownie batter.
Amazing add-ins or mix-in options are available for making your brownies more scrumptious and tempting.
- Dark, milk or white Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter, cinnamon or mint Chips
- Crushed Walnuts, peanuts, pecans or almonds
- Dried fruits like raisins, cranberries etc.
How to store Brownie?
Brownies can stay fresh for upto 2 week by wrapping them tightly in a cling film and then keep it in the fridge.
Brownies can last upto 3 months by keeping them in an airtight container and inside the freezer.
What to do with leftover Brownies?
Leftovers are always a great blessing! But Brownie leftovers are like the cherry on top. They can be used in a variety of easy dessert recipes or can simply be frozen. And whenever you crave brownie goodness, they can be eaten by just microwaving for a couple of minutes.
Few brownie leftover ideas are given below;
- Fruit and Brownie Trifle
- Brownie Truffles
- Brownie bread Pudding
- Brownie ice cream cake
- Brownie Parfait
- Brownie Sundae
- No-bake Brownie base Cheesecake
- Brownie Mousse Shots
Brownies Vs Blondies:
Color and primary ingredients are the main reasons of difference between blondies and brownies.
- The main ingredient is vanilla
- Contains mostly brown sugar.
- Sweeter than brownies.
- Has a taste like butterscotch, nuts, and caramel flavor.
- Feel like chewy, moist, and slightly dense.
- May be called as a senior cousin of brownies since blondies existed before brownies.
- The main ingredient is cocoa or chocolate.
- Contains mostly granulated white sugar.
- Has deep rich chocolate flavor.
- Feel like gooey, fudgy, and dense.
Some more Related Recipes:
- Nutella Stuffed French Toast
- Cake truffles / Cake balls
- Lotus Biscoff Lasagne
- Mango Cheesecake
- Oreo Blueberry Cheesecake
- Strawberry Trifle
Cream cheese Oreo Brownies Recipe
For the Brownies:
- 1 Box Fudge Brownie mix (Betty Crocker)
- Eggs, Water and Oil as called on your box.
- 20 Pieces Chocolate sandwich cookies Oreos
For Cream cheese Layer:
- 250 g Cream Cheese softened
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 10 Pieces Chocolate sandwich cookies Mini Oreos
- 1/3 cup Chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp Water
- First prepare the box brownies according to package instructions. Also mix-in some crushed oreos in it then pour the batter in round greased pan.
- Bake the brownie batter for about 30 minutes at 180 °C.
- Once it’s baked, let it cool for couple of hours.
- In a small bowl, add cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract, beat until smooth.
- Now spread your cream cheese mixture on top of the brownies and decorate with mini oreos.
- In a small bowl melt chocolate chips, add water and mix well. Then drizzle over the topping.
- Refrigerate for couple of hours and enjoy!
- For the best fudgy brownie, please don’t overbeat or over bake them.
- Make sure not to use cold eggs, otherwise, they will firm up the other ingredients which could ruin your brownie batter.
- For more rich flavor, instead of using water in the cake mix, you can add milk or better to use brewed coffee as it intensifies the chocolate flavor.
Keep in Touch:
Did You try this recipe? Let me know in the comments or Tag me on Instagram @the_cravingzone or use the Hashtag #cravingzone