Chicken crescent Ring is one of the simple appetizer that’s ready to serve within no time. Perfect for holiday brunch, birthday dinners and sports gatherings!
It’s a new twist on BBQ Chicken, and it is definitely a new family favorite. And this is a recipe I’m sure we will make again and again.
BBQ Chicken Crescent ring:
Dinner party will become stress-free with these simple BBQ chicken stuffed crescent rings when served as a starter followed by the easy Fire Chicken or Beef kebab with gravy and ending it with the dreamy creamy Strawberry Trifle.. OR Lotus biscoff lasagna.
BBQ Chicken Crescent rings make a great game day snack. They’re almost like BBQ Chicken Pizza all wrapped up in crescent roll dough. As here it is all stuffed in frozen plain Parathas .Super easy to make!
Variations in shape and stuffing:
Crescent ring recipes are so versatile , you can stuffed them whichever fillings your family loves.
You can also try other types of shapes if this seems difficult or if you want to try something new, with same smoked chicken stuffing and by using plain paratha.
- Spiral pie
- Box Patties
- Triangle puff patties
3 Steps Crescent Ring recipe:
This crescent Ring recipe is so easy to put together in only 3 steps:
- Smoked Shredded Chicken
First step is the marination of Chicken breast pieces with the homemade tandoori masala.
Mix together all the ingredients, then add in the boneless chicken breast pieces, coat them well with the prepared marinade.
Once the chicken is marinated for about half an hour, then fry the chicken breast pieces in a pan with some drizzle of some oil ,along with the remaining marinade.
Cook with a lid, on low flame from both the sides until done and keep turning sides in between then cook on high flame until dries up.
Let it cool for a while then shred the chicken breast with the help of fork .
Then last but not the least , my favorite part of the recipe comes , where we have to give the charcoal smoke for a couple of minutes.And then BBQ chicken smells aaahmmazing!
Assembling of Crescent Ring
Assembling this Chicken Crescent Ring takes all of 5 minutes and then you just let the oven do it’s thing.
- Some ketchup and garlic mayo
- Mozzarella cheese
- Chopped bell pepper
- Chopped onion
- Shredded Chicken
- Frozen plain parathas
You can make the filling a couple of hours ahead of time and just assemble it when ready to bake.
Baking of Crescent Ring:
On baking tray,lined the butter paper and grease with cooking oil, place the plain paratha ,cut it up-to half from the center like a star ,add the BBQ chicken Filling near the edges of paratha then add mozzarella cheese and turn all the cuts.
Apply egg wash (makes 6). -Bake in preheated oven at 180 C for 18-20 minutes.
Chicken Crescent Ring
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Whole spice powder
- 1 tsp Salt or to taste
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 300 gm Chicken boneless fillet
- 1 tbsp Oil for grilling
- 1 piece Charcoal for smoke
- 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp Garlic Mayo
- 6 piece Plain parathas frozen
- 1/2 cup Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese grated as needed
- 1 Egg whisked
- In bowl,add yogurt,ginger garlic paste,red chili powder,coriander powder,black pepper powder,whole spice powder,salt,lemon juice and mix well.
- Add chicken fillets,mix well and marinate for about 15_30 minutes.
- In frying pan,add cooking oil and marinated chicken with remaining marinade,cover and cook on low flame from both sides until done and keep turning sides in between then cook on high flame until dries up.
- Give a charcoal smoke for 2 minutes. Let it cool down and shred it with the help of the fork. Add tomato ketchup,mayonnaise and chopped veggies mix well & set aside.
- On baking tray,lined with butter paper and grease with cooking oil.Place plain frozen paratha ,cut it upto half from the center like a star ,add the BBQ chicken filling near the edges of paratha then add mozzarella cheese and turn all the cuts.Then apply egg wash (makes 6).
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 C for 18-20 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Serve hot along with some ketchup or any other sauce.
- You can also use store bought rotisserie chicken to make life easy.
- The store bought Frozen paratha are best for this recipe as it makes recipe easy and give a nice puffy look.
- Stuffing can be prepared the night before and refrigerated until get stuffed.
- Do not take the Parathas out of the freezer until ready to use.
Make your own chicken crescent ring with your favorite filling!So, are you going to make the same crescent shape or will try new shapes?