These succulent, tender, and delicious smoky Beef Boti Kababs are the perfect appetizer recipe for BBQ parties or Eid dinners. Make sure to add this lip-smacking Beef Boti Kabab Recipe to your BBQ list menu.
Pakistani Beef Boti Kabab Recipe:
Beef Boti Kebab is one of the popular South Asian dishes. Loved by both Indians and Pakistanis. Just like other recipes of Seekh kabab, Chicken Tikka, or Biryani.
The tender, juicy, and packed with flavors, Beef Boti Kebabs are ready within an hour but need an overnight for marination.
What is Beef Boti Kebab?
Any type of Kebab consists of cubes or chunks of meat, either mutton, lamb, beef, or chicken and is marinated with the regular spices, yogurt, papaya paste, and ginger garlic paste is known as Boti Kebab.
Types of Boti Kebab:
- Chicken Boti Kebab
- Lamb Boti kebeb
- Chicken Malai Boti
- Tikka Boti
- Bihari Boti Kebab
- Haryali chicken boti / Green Tikka Boti
- Kastori Boti
- Namkeen Tikka Boti
- Tandoori boti
- Tawa Boti Kebab
How to make Beef Boti Kebab?
Beef Boti Kebab is so simple to make on Tawa, pan, or skillet in your kitchen.
Tasty and quick, only six ingredients Beef Boti Kabab Recipe is so easy to put together with easy pantry staples.
Papaya paste and yogurt, when applied on beef boti, make it so tender and juicy. And that charcoal smoke gives it a perfect BBQ flavor.
Steps of making Beef Boti Kebab:
- Beef Boti Marination
- Frying of Beef Boti
1.Marination of Beef Boti:
In a bowl, add beef cubes, ginger garlic paste, raw papaya paste, and mix well. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
Then add a full packet of Tikka Seekh Kabab Masala, yogurt, Lemon juice, oil, and mix well. Marinate it for 6-8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
NOTES: Make sure to wear gloves while mixing the spiced beef cubes; otherwise, your hands will start burning by the heat of spices.
Frying of Beef Boti:
In a pan, pour oil, add marinated beef cubes, cover, and cook for 15 minutes on low flame.
Then on a higher flame, cook the beef for about 10 more minutes. Then again, proceed to slow cooking for 30 minutes, add little water if required.
Lastly, cook for a couple of minutes on high flame until gravy dries and oil separates. Give coal smoke for about 3 minutes. Garnish it with lemon, Onion slices, and Coriander.
NOTE: If you want beef boti Kabab with masala, then use all remaining marinades and beef while frying. But if you want dry Boti, then use marinated beef boti only to fry without its remaining marinade.
Other Ways of making Beef Boti:
Three different ways for making Beef Boti are listed below;
- Bake it in the oven:For the healthy version bake the beef boti kebab or you can also cook the beef boti sticks in an oven.
- BBQ it on tandoor or grill:If one has a tandoor then, do use the tandoor to make authentic beef boti.
- On the stovetop: You can make beef boti even if you do not own an oven or even a grill, on a stove top in your kitchen using pan, skillet or tawa, by following this recipe.
How long to marinate Beef Boti?
The more time it will get for marination, the better and more tender beef boti Kabab will be.Usually, overnight marination of beef is preferred but in case of shortage of time, try to marinate for at least 6-8 hours.
Variations in Boti Kebab:
Meat: You can make these Boti kebabs with your choice of meat. Like you can also use chicken cubes, lamb cubes, mutton cubes instead of beef cubes.
Spices: If you don’t want to use packet masala, simply add all regular spices like red chili powder, turmeric powder, Coriander powder, crushed cumin seeds, black pepper powder, salt, whole spice powder and Chaat masala.
Tenderizer: For making your Beef Boti Kabab more tender and succulent, you can add green papaya paste or Yellow papaya paste along with its peal or Meat Tenderizer powder.
What to serve with Beef Boti Kebab?
For all those non-veg lovers, these Beef Boti kababs can simply be eaten directly by only dipping in spicy chutney/sauces or ketchup and raita or coleslaw.
It can be served as a starter and as dinner along with bread, roti, paratha, naan, and also with biryani rice.
How to Store Boti Kebab?
Beef Boti kabab can easily be stored in freezer for up to a month, either cooked or marinated. Make sure to use freezer-safe bags for storing your beef boti.
And if kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator, it will stay fresh for up to a week
What to do with Leftover Beef Boti Kebab?
Leftovers are always a blessing. They are so handy and helpful on busy weekdays. By using beef boti Kababs, you can make beef boti roll paratha, beef boti sandwiches, and even beef boti pizza or pasta.
Beef Boti Kebab Recipe
- 1/2 kg Boneless Beef cubes
- 2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Raw papaya paste
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Yogurt
- 1 pkt Shan Tikka Seekh Kabab Masala
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Coal for smoke
- Lemon wedges
- Onion slices
- Coriander chopped
- In a bowl add beef cubes, ginger garlic paste,raw papaya paste and mix well. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Now add full packet of Tikka Seekh Kabab Masala, yogurt, lemon juice and mix well.
- Marinate it for 6-8 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- In a pan pour oil,then add marinated beef cubes,cover and cook for 15 minutes on low flame.
- Then on higher flame cook the beef for about 10 more minutes.
- Then again proceed to slow cooking for 30 minutes, add little water if required.
- Lastly cook for couple of minutes on high flame until oil separates.
- Give coal smoke for about 3 minutes.
- Garnish it lemon, Onion slices , Coriander and Serve!
- The more time it will get for marination ,the better and tender beef boti Kabab will be.
- You can done marination of this item a day before your event and cook it on main day.
- For the best results use the papaya paste along with its peal in marination.
- Make sure to wear gloves while mixing the spiced beef cubes, Otherwise your hands will start burning by the heat of spices.
Stay Connected on Instagram:
Did You try this recipe? Let me know in the comments or tag me on Instagram @the_cravingzone or use the Hashtag #cravingzone
Loved the recipe.
Thanks For Sharing this amazing recipe. My family loved it. I will be sharing this recipe with my friends. Hope the will like it.
Glad it turned out great for you. Thank you for giving the feedback.
i tired this, it was very delicious.
Wow! So happy that it turned out nice.
Tried and tested
Glad it turns out good for you too .
This boti kebabs recipe takes its inspiration from a kebab recipe popular during Nizam rule in Hyderabad. Back then this prominent dish consisted of tender pieces of boneless mutton dipped in spices and egg wash, rolled in crumbs, and deep fried. To make this recipe more diabetes-friendly, we’ve used a marinade to tenderize the meat and swapped frying for grilling on the stove top. The spices keep the traditional Indian flavors without the additional fat and carbs.
You are welcome and what a meal!💗
If I make this with mutton, do I need to make any changes in the method?
No changes required. Only the cooking time will be changed ,as mutton cooks faster than beef.